Wow, breathtaking. I actually love the bright sapphire sea, but I wouldn't mind seeing what it looked like a tad bit less vibrant, as long as it still stays true to the description.
Really nice, like how your mountains turn into cliffs and plateau, that's something I've been trying to work on. The sea blue seems a little too much? not sure what. Those mountains in the background are awesome and the way you snaked the ridges draws the eye right too them, nice job again.
Breathtaking ! I love how the sea makes the underwater spikes appear. It's a beauty !
Last edited by ThomasR; 07-29-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Wow, J. I believe this is the first time ever seen your process! This map is going to be a favorite of mine, I can already tell. I especially LOVE the dragon!!! And the way you blend your colors and textures together....simply spectacular.
Like a thief in the night
she comes with no form
yet tranquility proceeds
the accursed storm...
check out my new Deviant Art page!
https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm
Haha, I am no different than anyone else
Advice is still advice I looked up sapphires and they were all REALLY blue, so I went with it.
But it is strong. I'll see what I can do.
Thanks snodsy Yeah, I try to do lots of terrain changes and transitions. Some work better than others.
I like the blue too , but I can see how it is really strong, so I'll see what can be done.
Thanks Thomas I had done the shards as more yellow/gold... but it just looked wrong, so went more grey.
Plus, the shards have lost their power... so I thought maybe grey would be like drained shards.
Thank ladiestorm [do you prefer just Storm?]
I'm surprised you haven't seen any of the other wips. Haerlech and Bourmout are usually the ones people see first.
Well, wips are fun to do, when you have time to posts updates.
I still may change the dragons colors some. Some one else thought it was a bit dull colored.
It still needs light/shadow, and the fire light glow on it. Fire still has to be done up properly.
The trees still need their highlights and shadows too.
Still more to see in the progress shots.
Artstation - | - Buy Me a Kofi
Here's a change to the sea... less intense.
Let me know whether this works, or if it is now too drab.
### LATEST WIP ###
Harlasea - Grymnar 01a sample14.jpg
Artstation - | - Buy Me a Kofi
I found some nice blue ones for you
220px-SaphirSynthetique.jpg 220px-Yogo2783_Close_crop.jpgGeschliffener_blauer_Saphir.jpgStar-Saphire.jpg220px-1szafir_Madagaskar.jpg
I also discovered that what American's call pink sapphires are actually called rubies anywhere else. (shrugs)
Edit: Ha- ha - ninja'd
Edit 2: I think it looks better now
Edite 3: Oh yes - better give credit - all images from Wikipedia
Last edited by Mouse; 07-29-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Free parchments | Free seamless textures | Battle tiles / floor patterns | Room 1024 - textures for CC3 | GUILD CITY INDEX
No one is ever a failure until they give up trying
Amazing work John! I love how the grassland is smoothly creeping up the wonderfully detailed rocks. The coloring is once again superb. I prefer the latest version of the blue, but i think my slight nitpicky feeling about the blue stems more from the contrast of the sea-blue with the less saturated greyish blue you used for the dragon (which is an absolute stunner btw! ).
Map is not territory...
Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
My DeviantArt site and Twitter