Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April / May 2015 Lite Challenge: Nova Totios Nordeskiae Descriptio

Nice looking map. Personally though I prefer the version without the colored borders. It's less busy.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Map is looking great and I agree with the others, the compass is great. A couple years ago the challenge was to create a compass, I think you would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Nice looking map. Personally though I prefer the version without the colored borders. It's less busy.
    Thank you arsheesh and I wonder what you will think when I add all the names for towns, lakes, and rivers In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have chosen to draw a map in the style of the masters of the 18th century.
    I am still learning and despite a lifelong fascination with maps, these are only the first few attempts on drawing one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Map is looking great and I agree with the others, the compass is great. A couple years ago the challenge was to create a compass, I think you would have won.
    Well, this time it is not to draw a compass but whatever I want to. It happened that I wanted to try this kind of map and I wonder if the judges will not only like the NW corner of the map but the rest too?

Quote Originally Posted by MstrWelf View Post
    It happened that I wanted to try this kind of map and I wonder if the judges will not only like the NW corner of the map but the rest too?
    I can only assume the voters will like all of your great map, but you never know. They are just a bunch of people voting, not trained judges. If you are happy with your map then don't worry about votes. If you win, then Great, if you don't win, then so what, you still made a great map.

Wise words from Bogie above!

This is looking good and there are lots of nice touches apart from the compass. I really like the ship in the bottom left.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

Oho! Really nice now! Awesome colors!

Guild Member Facebook Connected Belgath's Avatar

The map looks authentic good flow and colors. The art and symbols match good job. The only thing that stands out to me is the map creases stop before the map border.
    Last edited by Belgath; 05-12-2015 at 04:55 AM.

I think you did a really good job but if you ask me I'd change some of the mountains. Maybe look around for a brush that has mountain chains, just one isn't good for me, however if you like it don't change it of course

Haven't had much time for working on my map last week and when I reopened it there wasn't much I wanted to change except that I tried a version without colors. I wonder what you think about that?

### Latest WIP ###
    nordeskia_5-13-15bw.png

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast