Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: July / Aug 15 Lite Challenge: Greylandia

Banned User

I've tightened up the border even more ... sigh, so much for my thought of keeping it soft.

I've also lightened up the drop shadow on the forests just a bit, so you can distinguish the shadow from the forest edge.

### Latest WIP ###
    Greylandia Cornelia Yoder H.jpg

I hope this border pleases you all more, I do like it and I think it would look great on a printed page.

I'm also a little disappointed that no one has mentioned the desert, since it's the first one I've done this way and I thought it came out reasonably good. I'd love some critique on it.
    Last edited by Chick; 08-09-2015 at 12:19 AM.

I actually think your desert is the strongest geographical feature on the map. It looks really well done. Subtle but definitely noticeable.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I actually think your desert is the strongest geographical feature on the map. It looks really well done. Subtle but definitely noticeable.
    Thanks, GWN, I was kinda worried when no one mentioned it. Sometimes that means they don't want to make negative comments, so I appreciate your opinion!

That looks great, chick! Examining it now, I can't find anything that doesn't work with the rest of it. Now I'm just reading all of the labels and finding myself more than a bit curious about the story you intended this map for. Well done.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    That looks great, chick! Examining it now, I can't find anything that doesn't work with the rest of it. Now I'm just reading all of the labels and finding myself more than a bit curious about the story you intended this map for. Well done.
    Thank you very much, Chashio!

I actually tried to give a sense of the story right in the map, with the academies and the place names. A world of enough dangerous places and critters to need schools for training all sorts of mercenaries, adventurers, mages, and warriors. A place where tensions are high enough to require guards and armies. A history of ancient wrath and its consequences. A sense of unfinished business in making the world into a safe haven for all. Somewhere, a great evil awakening again, and the need for skills of all natures to finally defeat it!

I need a good protagonist! Want to volunteer?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Question: Just south of the Academy of Military Arts, there is a little area in the forest that looks like a lake, but I see no depth/coastal rings in it. What is that?

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Question: Just south of the Academy of Military Arts, there is a little area in the forest that looks like a lake, but I see no depth/coastal rings in it. What is that?
    It's a lake, and it has shoreline rings, but they are smaller than the ocean ones. The bigger ones just didn't fit. Same with Lake Troy over near the mountains in the center. And it does have an outlet to the NE, barely visible at this scale.

I guess this is done enough to post a big big version of it.

Banned User

### Latest WIP ###

Greylandia Cornelia Yoder J.jpg

This is the extra large high-resolution version, so you can see all the details better.

Great map Chick!!

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great map Chick!!
    Thank you, Bogie! You're always so positive

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast