Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February 2016 Challenge: Sword of Shannara

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

That shading helps a lot Troedel and I'm loving your shield and all the new illustrations!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Yeah, I agree with GLS, This looks great!

Some Lables

### Latest WIP ###

Shannara7.jpg

Loving the little icons. Skull Mountain is awesome!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I wasn´t happy with the lables so I did some color instead. Hope you like it. I will do some additional work on the mountains.

### Latest WIP ###

Shannara8.jpg

And a final one. Unless someone else or I spot a glaring error I will call this one done. For me it was a great deal of work. I think about 20 hours give or take. What I don´t like myself is the combination of two different mountain styles as the ridgelines of some are to strong and they kind of collide with the other mountains. It was a bit late in the making that I noticed it and thought I could make it work. It´s not too bad but I would not go down thatt road again. I could not reread the novel so some information is missing... I miss roads. What I think turned out very well is the colouring and the scale of things. So I did learn much and that is the most important thing in the intellectual way of thinking. It´s a great competition and there are absolutly lovely maps in the fray ( correct way of saying it ? ). Good luck everyone!

### Latest WIP ###

Shannara9.jpg

You've approached the challenge with the right attitude, Troedel. I think if you can walk away feeling that you learned something or improved in some way, then win or lose, it was worth the effort.

I think your colouring is lovely and I was pleasantly surprised to see the map coloured, as I somehow thought it was going to be black & white only. A couple of tiny points about your labelling .... the label for Eldwist at the top right, could that be moved over a few pixels so that it's not hanging over the sea. I think it would look better that way. On the Tirfing Grasslands label, could you erase the grass linework underneath that label? It makes the label look untidy. Same thing with the Rappahalladan River. (Might be others with the same problem too that I've overlooked.)

It's a very pretty map overall. I like it a lot.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thank you for the kind words. You are right with the lables, I will fix this before the weekend. Got routine-blinded after all that tinkering. O.k. next map

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast