Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sep/Oct Lite Challenge - Caves of Chaos - part 4 1/2

Looks good Tenia, I like what you did with the floors in the southern section, it looks very natural.

Don't worry about blending the maps together, I can work with whatever version you like best. I think the black background makes it look more dramatic though.

Guild Artisan

Yeah thats coming along nicely!

Wow!!! I really like the look of this! I love how your pool of water has created puddles on the floor! I also really like the texture of the cave walls, and the floor itself. Still loving the bone maze

The only thing I'm not fond of... is the green of the grass outside. It seems a little too vibrant to me, it doesn't really fit the rest of the color palette. Is there any way to tone down the color? Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful grass! It's just that, when I see grass that color, I think of a beautifully manicured lawn, like what you'd see in front of the White House, or perhaps Buckingham Palace. It gives me the impression of a cultivated area....and the caverns are supposed to be out in the wilderness, I think?

Of course, this is just one person's opinion... over all I think this map is stunning!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Looking good in IMHO. I definitely like the way you managed to scatter debris throughout the area giving it a "lived in" look. Nicely done.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Thanks all !
    @ladiestorm : You are completely right, I was lazzy on it, will rework that soon... Below is only just a few "improvements", there must be some corpses and weapons scattered all over then here they are... My biggest question now is should I darken the caves or not ? I would like to place rays of light at the entrances and some glows where the firebeetles are supposed to be and that will not feet with this current tones...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    caves-of-chaos-4-9.jpg

Guild Artisan

That's sick. Love it! First the water looks great, then the bones, etc. So many tiny details. Well done.

Hi all and thanks for your comments !
    A little update. Darkened the caves, red glow from beetles area and some tests on labelling...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    caves-of-chaos-4-10.jpg

This is looking fantastic Tenia! At this point, there's only one thing I might suggest... and it is only a suggestion. You have a great shallow pool there... but it could also be a mere puddle on the ground, especially with all that other water around it. Maybe if there was a rim around your pool...say like formation of rocks, or show that the ground is deeper there to explain how the water is able to collect? Right now, your floor looks like a dirt floor, and there's nothing wrong with that! Caves almost always have dirt and rock floors... but if it's just dirt, then the water would seep into the soil, and the pool would dry up...

Of course, I could just be over thinking things... it just seems to me there could be a tad bit more to the pool... but then, it looks great as it is, too!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

You are right again ladiestorm ! My first intend was to make a deep hole and then I have made this water effect, got quite satisfied with it and it got me out of my mind... I'm gonna try to reproduce the depth... without ruining everything :/

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking great - very organic part of the dungeon - and love all those trappings of the dungeon all around, very nice
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast