Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sep/Oct 2017 Lite Challenge -Caves of Chaos Section 9

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Tenia View Post
    Good job on this Kier ! I am annoyed by the blank areas too... I dig the font.
    Thanks. Took forever to find a font that fit, big enough to show the texture of the rocks but not too modern. One of these days I am going to create my own font, just so I say I did.

Guild Artisan

Not quite finished in the living quarters, but getting there. Spent some time going through the Bogie Archives, Dunjinni, etc. and was able to snag a couple items to relieve the pressure. The table, bookcase, and desk pretty much used as is. Still not 100% on the wardrobe, tried to adapt one, but think I won't be happy until I create one myself.

Need to spend the next couple days getting the store rooms done, then Saturday to tighten it all up.

### Latest WIP ###
    CavesOfChaosFurnishing8a.jpg

All thoughts and comments welcome.

It's really coming together! I like the way you did the title, that's cool!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Guild Artisan

Thanks. Was trying to make it look like the torch behind was bringing the title out of the dark. But I really didnt like the torch all that bright so then had to darken it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    It's really coming together! I like the way you did the title, that's cool!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

clean and nice, looking really good - love the torch behind the title, fitting the general "glow" of the rooms
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Artisan

Almost there. I still have to put a steel chest in 1 room as the description states, and some final tweaking, but she is nearly there. Need to check some shadows and lighting, some things a little bright, and shading. Havent had time to take a peak at the others but once complete will be sure to do.

### Latest WIP ###
    CavesOfChaosFurnishing10.jpg

Its looking extremely good, Kier. I love that juicy rock texture, and the lighting is just spot-on

I find it interesting that you call your maps 'she'. They are invariably 'it' with me. Maybe I should have more of a connection with my maps

Looking good Kier!

One thing I might suggest... and it may be just me... but the torches seem a little small for me considering the amount of light they are putting off. Maybe increase their size just a tad? It's just a suggestion, of course...
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Guild Artisan

Thanks. I appreciate that, I have been struggling with just how dark to make the rooms, and how much a torch should or would do.

An it? Come on, as many hours as I spent on this I felt she was mistress, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Its looking extremely good, Kier. I love that juicy rock texture, and the lighting is just spot-on

I find it interesting that you call your maps 'she'. They are invariably 'it' with me. Maybe I should have more of a connection with my maps

Guild Artisan

Thanks.

As mentioned above to Mouse, I am struggling with the lighting/torches most of all. Really didn't even want to use them, but the orange was just too bright and I couldn't tone down and keep the same feel. So went with the torches, and darkness. Really makes it hard to show any "natural" elevations without overdoing the shadows.And you might be right on the size of the torches. I figured they would stick out of the wall about a 18 inches, wouldn't hurt to check my scale though.

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    Looking good Kier!

One thing I might suggest... and it may be just me... but the torches seem a little small for me considering the amount of light they are putting off. Maybe increase their size just a tad? It's just a suggestion, of course...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast