Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Birthday notifications?

I suppose that will happen more and more often as time goes by. Who knows, maybe I will be 200 years old one day on this site.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I can see lots of birthdays for today, but only one is visible at the bottom of the Forum page. Does that mean the other birthdays are ones where the member would prefer not to get a bunch of Happy Birthday messages on their profile?
    I checked this out. If you have your settings set so that nobody can see your birthday then its not on the calendar nor the bottom of the forum. If allowed to be visible then the birthday calendar lists every member who has a birthday on that date, the forum shows only the active members. Active members are defined to be those who have posted (or possibly logged in) within 30 days.

I also recall at some point the forum used to say how many people had their birthday on that day and I think it did count those who had it hidden. So even though your name wouldnt come up then you got the more accurate reading of those people who have set it. I think 1st jan is some kind of default. Maybe you need to pull down the year date tho. Cant remember. Anyway I do recall that the forum would say something like 5000 people with today as their birthday on Jan 1st.

I dont think the guild really needs anyones birthday to function properly. If you have set it then its a matter of personal choice. If anyone is using those values for some kind of data set then I would suggest that its probably not very accurate.

EDIT: tho I am not normally going to make a habit of this what with 1000 active users in the past 30 days... Happy birthday Francissimo !
    Last edited by Redrobes; 10-08-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Actually, I got curious, and decided to see how many members shared my birthday. I looked it up, but I noticed that my name wasn't listed. I figured this is either because mine is hidden, or because I didn't post it, and I was going to go in and make it public, but I can't find where I'm supposed to do that. I'm assuming it's part of our profile, but I can't find it.

Actually, never mind... once I started poking around the profile edit, I found it.
    Last edited by ladiestorm; 10-09-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy birthday to everyone

Always nice to get a birthday greeting ... so good thing we got a new calender. Used to always greet those listed in the bottom of the forum when I was more active,

Mouse: Yep... lots of spammers through the years - I remember a time when I deleted at least 2-5 every day - and the other CL's did as well... Before we got different kinds of countermeasures set up. :/ (they still sneak through though)
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default DE Piso Angers

I've actually forgotten things, and had spam from forums remind me before. Well, not my birthday though.. I don't have those anymore.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123