Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nov/Dec '17 Lite Challenge: Map a Farm or Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by Daistallia View Post
    Grinnell College, in Grinnell Iowa, between Des Moines and Iowa City. I'm a cook for dining services - we're one of the top ranked colleged in the US for best food (#15 - http://www.besthospitalitydegrees.co...freshest-food/ ).
    Among other things, I supervise student workers, so in a way, I teach intangibles...

I was lucky. I got to skip the big fancy College President's Holiday Dinner that ended the semester tonight.
    That's cool. We could have used some good cooks at the State University that I went to in the early 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    That's cool. We could have used some good cooks at the State University that I went to in the early 70's.
    These kids eat better than any college I've ever seen. We do: one or two main entrees with a starch and a veg, saute/pasta (to order or daily special), grill (burgers made with local, organic beef, plus a daily special and daily side), "deli" sandwiches, pizza made in our own pizza oven, a full salad bar, a full vegan bar, a vegan entree, a Halal entree, a gluten free entree, and made in house bread and desserts (usually a choice of several). And that's aside from the snack bar/grill. We have a full bakery and do high end catering.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123