Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mioris - My World Building Project

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    The Kingdom of Helviir's motto should be "Hear us roar". As for the Barislav Protectorate, what is "Unreakable"? Should this be "Unwreakable"? "Unbreakable"?

As for the designs themselves, they all are easily distinguished from one another, so they should serve the purpose of battlefield identification well enough, with the lone exception of the Heroes Republic and the Kingdom of Yare, which would likely be problematic to distinguish in less than ideal light. You might want to brighten one or the other.
    Yeah it would probably help if I spell checked. It should be Hear and Unbreakable.

And as for Heros and Yare, I think I'm going to change Yare's coloring as right now I am not too happy with it.

I fixed the issues with the Heraldic Achievements and added them to the side of the map. I left area to put some text about the nations underneath them. I also plan on putting the shields on the map to identify the countries.

I added red borders to each country.

Also I have 4 different versions of road. The first two are the roads in between each city and town, and the second two are just in between the cities. Each version has the roads in black in white. I'm leaning towards the city roads only white version. I feel like it pops the most and doesn't distract too much from the rest of the map.

City Roads White
    townRoadsWhite.jpg

City Roads Black
    townRoadsBlack.jpg

City/Town Roads White
    allRoadsWhite.jpg

City/Town Roads Black
    allRoadsBlack.jpg

I prefer the white one too, the one with the most roads.

I've added text under each nations coat of arms, changed the border around the map, and added a grunge effect to the outside edges of the paper.

Next I need to draw and add symbols for dwarf and kobold cities and goblin tribes. I think after that, the physical map is done and then I can move on to the hand drawn regional maps.

preDwarf2.jpg

"Known For: Espionage"... well, then, they might want to get better at it. ;-)

Virven being known for Necromancy isn't a "copy/paste/forgot to update" error is it? Because that seems to be the only duplicate fame item and when one of the nations has a big skull on their shield and the Virven design is lot less necromantic, I do wonder if it might have been mistake.

What are "Phoenix Sorcerers"? Are they phoenixes (phoenices?) that practice sorcery? Sorcerers that can become phoenixes? Sorcerers that draw power from phoenixes? Just fancy-named fire mages? Immigrants from Arizona? I want to know!

The shields seem to be working well as map labels.

I'm not sold on the font used. I would have used something a bit easier to read.

The republic of S. Boden has a king ? So does the Oligarchy? Theocracy?
    Why are they called like that if they have kings?

You also have a duchy ruled by a king, which is a bit odd.
    Last edited by Azélor; 05-26-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    "Known For: Espionage"... well, then, they might want to get better at it. ;-)

Virven being known for Necromancy isn't a "copy/paste/forgot to update" error is it? Because that seems to be the only duplicate fame item and when one of the nations has a big skull on their shield and the Virven design is lot less necromantic, I do wonder if it might have been mistake.

What are "Phoenix Sorcerers"? Are they phoenixes (phoenices?) that practice sorcery? Sorcerers that can become phoenixes? Sorcerers that draw power from phoenixes? Just fancy-named fire mages? Immigrants from Arizona? I want to know!

The shields seem to be working well as map labels.
    Yeah the Virven Necromancy is a mistake.

Phoenix sorcerers are sorcerers that harness the soul of a dying phoenix to empower themselves. They were the main reason South Boden was able to win their civil war against Boden.

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    I'm not sold on the font used. I would have used something a bit easier to read.

The republic of S. Boden has a king ? So does the Oligarchy? Theocracy?
    Why are they called like that if they have kings?

You also have a duchy ruled by a king, which is a bit odd.
    Yeah I am not sold on the font either. I'm trying to find something that looks unique while still being readable.

The human nations (barring The Vasili Tribes and The Heros Republic) all use the title King/Queen regardless of their actual government system. This comes from religious beliefs in Mioris.

Also, where do you see a duchy?

The Seamark duchies ? Ok , I haven't noticed it was plural as in a king ruling over several duchies. That would make sense.

Yes in theory nothing prevent president Trump to crown himself emperor if it's just a matter of title without change to his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    The Seamark duchies ? Ok , I haven't noticed it was plural as in a king ruling over several duchies. That would make sense.

Yes in theory nothing prevent president Trump to crown himself emperor if it's just a matter of title without change to his powers.
    Oh oops. I have no clue why I typed duchies there. That's a mistake.

And yeah, the first 'beings' on Mioris were the gods Edhel and Edhil. Normally people refer to them as The King and The Queen, so most rulers whose people worship them go by King or Queen to further cement their power.

Just finished up this map! I'm really happy with how it turned out for my first map made in photoshop.

Next I plan on making regional maps for each nation using a more hand drawn style. I'm going to keep those in this thread to keep everything in the same place. Thanks everyone for the help!

final.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast