View Poll Results: Apr/May '18 Lite Challenge "Create a Bookcover" Vote as you wish.

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lost Island of Queensryche by aeshnidae

19 70.37%
  • Bad Sun Island by Arkidemis

4 14.81%
  • Kingdom of Musicäa by fol2dol

14 51.85%
  • My First Imaginary Map by Incredible HLK

0 0%
  • Holy Land by NazatoGameDev

1 3.70%
  • Tides of War: New Wave by NoneTheWiser

12 44.44%
  • Faithless by QED42

2 7.41%
  • Escape from Alphaville by ScottDA

9 33.33%
  • The Jam by Weery

16 59.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April / May 2018 Lite Challenge: "Create a Bookcover!" TIME TO VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    Thanks J.Edward! I'm glad there are others out there who appreciate some old school metal.

And just we can all feel old, Operation Mindcrime was released THIRTY years ago! :O
    Yep, that makes me feel older [nods]

Congratulations aeshnidae.

I decided to go for only 2 this time around and to get there I had to make a very difficult choice. As it was a book cover I decided that everything had to be on a book cover, otherwise I would have voted for too many.

However don't take any notice of me as I couldn't even come up with anything for this challenge, which really miffed me to Mars and back. So well done everyone because it was, in my opinion, an extremely challenging errr challenge. I bet Diamond will be running something similar before long
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Yep, that makes me feel older [nods]
    Well, I missed out on voting this time round, but congratulations to aeshnidae all the same and while I might not have been entirely old when the album actually came out (chronologically speaking) I certainly felt old at the time, and now, sadly, I have that going on both chronologically and as a feeling.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

I just realized that many Guild members think I'm an actual guy (I'm used to the gender neutral "guy" plural). I also realized that my profile picture of me in the chocobo robe hides my face. This actually tickles me quite a bit. But this is my coming out post: Hi, I'm Jen, and I'm a chick.

Also, again, thank you so much for all of the feedback and kind words about my map. I feel like I have learned so much here and all of your feedback has helped me improve so much more than I would have on my own.
    Last edited by aeshnidae; 05-18-2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Added a thank you :)

You mean, you're a.... you're a.... a.... a.... GIRL!!!

Only teasing - I knew that really

You'd be surprised how many people think I'm a guy as well, even though my name appears all over my maps. I guess there must be a lot of men called Sue hereabouts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gbtm-93oqE

Hold on... there are girls... on the Internet? Nah! Ha! You'll be telling me they play games as well!

I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Sorry I missed the voting on this one, but huge congrats aeshnidae, and to everyone in this challenge. Also I appear to not be sending out enough rep, so I'm not allowed to rep the winner yet but it's coming!

Cheers,
    Meshon

I just realized that many Guild members think I'm an actual guy (I'm used to the gender neutral "guy" plural). I also realized that my profile picture of me in the chocobo robe hides my face. This actually tickles me quite a bit. But this is my coming out post: Hi, I'm Jen, and I'm a chick.
    I actually thought you were a Chocobo! But I couldn't tell whether you were a guy or girl Chocobo

Just kidding, well done again Aesnidae. Well deserved

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

You mean, you're a.... you're a.... a.... a.... GIRL!!!

Only teasing - I knew that really

You'd be surprised how many people think I'm a guy as well, even though my name appears all over my maps. I guess there must be a lot of men called Sue hereabouts
    Or lots of fans of Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue."

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gbtm-93oqE

Hold on... there are girls... on the Internet? Nah! Ha! You'll be telling me they play games as well!

Here I cannot help out the cred of my fellow Ovarian-Americans. I absolutely suck at games made after 1992. I just get stuck in a corner until some NPC bludgeons me to death or shoots me, possibly to put me out of my misery. The chocobo robe belongs to my wife; I support her love of all things Final Fantasy, even though I cannot fully share in that love (because seriously, I cannot game).

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    Sorry I missed the voting on this one, but huge congrats aeshnidae, and to everyone in this challenge. Also I appear to not be sending out enough rep, so I'm not allowed to rep the winner yet but it's coming!
    Thanks, Meshon!

Quote Originally Posted by Weery View Post
    I actually thought you were a Chocobo! But I couldn't tell whether you were a guy or girl Chocobo

Just kidding, well done again Aesnidae. Well deserved
    Kweh!

Errr...for those who don't know, "kweh" is what Chocobos say.

Here I cannot help out the cred of my fellow Ovarian-Americans. I absolutely suck at games made after 1992. I just get stuck in a corner until some NPC bludgeons me to death or shoots me, possibly to put me out of my misery. The chocobo robe belongs to my wife; I support her love of all things Final Fantasy, even though I cannot fully share in that love (because seriously, I cannot game).
    Well if you are ever up in Maine you can play in my 2nd Ed AD&D game. No one puts aeshnidae in a corner!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast