Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November 2018 Challenge: Hogsmeade

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    You're the prophet, I'm the bee
    I wonder who is the catalyst ... besides, you calling me a prophet is just plain beard prejudice

Colours looking real nice!

Thanks Kell !
    The 'something' is not on the Hogsmeade map but on a Hogwarts map I drew last year and should definitely post here once. I need to get the courage to open the huge file again and put my hands on the insane stack of layers I have there... It's a color edit, mostly. Yep... just need courage and time ^^
    Yeah, I apparently can't read/understand written text anymore. My apologies!

The colors look great, and I adore that little Beee shield in the corner, it's wonderful!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Looking great, Beee!

But there's one landmark of Hogsmeade you've left out: where's the Shrieking Shack?

And isn't Ollivander's shop in Diagon Alley? (I'm showing my nerdiness here)

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Looking great, Beee!

But there's one landmark of Hogsmeade you've left out: where's the Shrieking Shack?

Wingshaw
    Haha, we were just discussing Ollivander's earlier, and I made the same mistake. Apparently according to J.K.R's expanded universe stuff, there is a branch over at Hogsmeade too. I've read the books about a trillion times but never much read the other stuff, so I didn't know this either.

And I think the Shrieking Shack is a little ways out of town, not on the same cluster as the rest of the village?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Looking great, Beee!
    Wingshaw
    Thanks Wingshaw !
    Kellerica answered for me, but as you were both surprised with Ollivander's being there, I changed the label to make it less confusing
    And while I was working on it, I also added the direction for the Shrieking Shack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Haha, we were just discussing Ollivander's earlier, and I made the same mistake. Apparently according to J.K.R's expanded universe stuff, there is a branch over at Hogsmeade too. I've read the books about a trillion times but never much read the other stuff, so I didn't know this either.
    And I think the Shrieking Shack is a little ways out of town, not on the same cluster as the rest of the village?
    100% correct, at least in my opinion, thanks Kell ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Yeah, I apparently can't read/understand written text anymore. My apologies!
    The colors look great, and I adore that little Beee shield in the corner, it's wonderful!
    Hehe, thanks ! I was extremely lazy with it and shamelessly stole it... to my own Tirasea map : same linework, but new color & light ^^

-
    So I think it's time to declare this one done. I can't find anything to change and add that would take less than 10 hours of extra work I sadly can't afford today, so let's keep it as it is, except if someone find a mistake somewhere
    What's new... a couple of changes here and there, two more labels and one edited, 2 pixels tall bees around the beehives (probably too small to be seen, but here they are ^^), some more grass on the upper street as it was a little too wide, a standing stone at the entrance of the village, just because... just... well... why not ? And of course, lights, shadows, a couple of post-prod things.

### Latest WIP ###
    Hogsmeade_by_MistyBeee.JPG

Hope you'll love it

Hope you'll love it
    I do!

I adore the way you added the wear around the edges of the map and the border - that technique is one of my favorites as well.

Amazing map MistyBeee. I particularly like the soft palette and the scroll-work labels.

Wonderful! You really love beees, huh? I like how the houses look witchy and pointed, with the giant chimneys.

Guild Expert

It looks amazing as always and I really like you're colour choices. Did you use a photo texture to get that distressing on the edges, or did you do that by hand?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast