Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: June-Aug '21 Lite Challenge: Map of Pasarz and Myasha-Ahlwadi

Guild Member

This is looking so good. Before you apply the color pencils, tape your art (very carefully) to a backing board, then tape a larger piece of tracing paper over top of it and render out a small section of it and see if that's the look you want.
    I'm gonna date myself here but we called that a "tissue overlay" when doing production art before computers became the norm. This will help you see what the final product could look like.
    Last edited by MatteBlack; 07-19-2021 at 06:22 PM.

I agree, this is looking great, hope the coloring comes out the way you want it to!

Quote Originally Posted by MatteBlack View Post
    This is looking so good. Before you apply the color pencils, tape your art (very carefully) to a backing board, then tape a larger piece of tracing paper over top of it and render out a small section of it and see if that's the look you want.
    I'm gonna date myself here but we called that a "tissue overlay" when doing production art before computers became the norm. This will help you see what the final product could look like.
    Thank you, very much. Honestly, I'm always looking for the "older" (I mean no presumption of your age. ) and better techniques of the masters. So often nowadays we use the computer as a crutch rather than a tool, and it consumes our time. My saying is: Do it right the first time and spend less time in post." In photography, it is so much easier (so we think.) to snap an image then doctor the soup out of it, instead of taking the time to consider composition and lighting, before the shot. Lol. I don't call myself a photographer, but there are several in my family that are. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I agree, this is looking great, hope the coloring comes out the way you want it to!
    Thanks! I hope so too.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Hi Josiah!

Your map looks so cool it makes me want to join the challenge. The skeleton in the middle is my favourite.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    Hi Josiah!

Your map looks so cool it makes me want to join the challenge. The skeleton in the middle is my favourite.
    Thanks! There is still time (roughly 3 1/2 weeks) till the deadline. The more the merrier.

I think Qutil "McSkeleton" is everyone's favorite. lol. Arrgh! He's supposed to be menacing and terrifying. Everyone should scream and run from their computers!
    His Bedouin clothes and thin frame was fun to draw.

For sure, the skeleton might be a favourite, but I didn't exactly say he's cute nor cuddly. Sometimes scary and dangerous is the most interesting. Can you imagine an adventurer who wants to explore safe dungeons, empty caves and uncursed ancient tombs? No, that is called a tourist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    For sure, the skeleton might be a favourite, but I didn't exactly say he's cute nor cuddly. Sometimes scary and dangerous is the most interesting. Can you imagine an adventurer who wants to explore safe dungeons, empty caves and uncursed ancient tombs? No, that is called a tourist.
    Touche! That is a very good statement. I would write that down if I were you.

Adding the color now!

Thanks, MatteBlack. The tissue-overlay worked wonders . This was taken yesterday afternoon.
    Attachment 130613

This is today's progress.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 130614

Sorry. Technical difficulties!

### Latest WIP ###