View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Umm... just as a side note here.

I don't seem to have a vector direction thingummy for my light source.

If you tell me the angle I can set it automatic in CC3. I just need to know what it is.

thanks
    Oh, sorry...
    I will get on to that right away

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Sorry guys, I was just having a hard time wrapping my head around the scale, but after seeing J.Edwards building example I too think it's fine, tho it could be bigger.

Question - Can I put this onto a 13 by 19 canvas with a border around it, it's just the size I like to work at?

Do we upload them with borders, and stuff which are outside the sections boundary, or do I have to crop my image every time I post an update so it matches the original square I was given? Will some one else be masking out the sections for the big map?

And Mouse...I planned on doing a library too, and schools for all the things like geography, weather, biomes, maybe an aviary, horticultural center, anything really to do with learning since that's what I find the guild the most useful for.

I noticed in very faint letters the words forest jungle beside my spot on the original map so I thought I could also have a centre there for the people to study medicinal plants winch may be just beyond that wall, and of course a giant green house, or botanical gardens.

I hope I'm not getting too carried away, but I got excited this afternoon and already started making a fancy border for my map.
    You might want to form a business partnership with Straf then. I'm not sure, but I think he's doing some kind of medicinal horticultural setup as well - hence the acres calculations. I could also be entirely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    ...Oh... and that mysterious little notch down there....
    not sure yet what should lurk there...
    Hey! That's my front door!

LIGHTRAY is here

Perhaps we can think of light as falling a bit like maybe 11 am or so...
    casting just a bit of shadow passed buildings but not really long shadows.

Compass angle? Are we doing this as a standard 315 degrees direction (lit from the northwest like relief shading)

You have just confused me...
    I think I would say... yes? but 315 degrees is throwing me off.

Never heard of 315 degrees angle... That must be some new dimension known only by Mouse

Btw. I have problems understanding the scale of the map, best for me that draw a sketch in 100% to show me building size.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Like this...

Fred.jpg
    Aaaah, yes
    Though, seems off from the lightray
    skimmed1.jpg

Its the standard relief shading angle for hill shading. CC3 also applies this to global sun settings, which dictate which way the shadow of a building falls, since CC3 buildings interact with the global sun settings. This is from the opposite direction

Fred2.JPG

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast