Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Guild World Map - Community Challenge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Perhaps if we need to, if someone else wants in, we can recycle some of the unused claims.
    Yeah, we have talked about that. We have some where no activity has occurred, and if we get new people wanting to join in, we will likely grab up those and hand them back out to others.

There's a lovely few thousand square miles of hills on the eastern edge of the great interior desert that just has some dwarfies on it. They can be recycled.

Haven't started yet but soon, I'll have my entry ready next month, can't elay this any longer! :shakesfist:

Glad to hear it!

I wonder now that we have so much of a world mapped if there isn't more to do with it. It'd be a shame to just let it idle in the current state. Perhaps some sort of contest where participants are given a random place (like a city or site) from someone else's map?

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Glad to hear it!

I wonder now that we have so much of a world mapped if there isn't more to do with it. It'd be a shame to just let it idle in the current state. Perhaps some sort of contest where participants are given a random place (like a city or site) from someone else's map?
    I know... i have been slack in my duties here... Maybe we can rouse some activity with something fun soon...
    Like maybe some location maps in specific places or something.
    I have an idea for something I would like to do... but have to see if I will have time first.
    My schedule has grown rather full at the moment.

I'm also not forgetting I have a land to complete and as soon as I squeeze some time out for it I'm going to be like a rabid dog after it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Hello,

New to the forums and relatively new to mapmaking but If there are any extra plots I would to try my hand.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

This is one for J.Edward...

I have been trying to make the large map with the island group on the top left and I think I need to redo my sea for the world since those islands are getting swamped by the old texture for it.

I was wondering if you would post a new world map with the new islands showing but without any shields or names on it ?

There are two maps of the world on here but both have bits sticking out into the sea which is making it hard to extract the coastline from it. If I had the world mask then I can easily make the sea and I can get the mask I need from the world map and country borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    This is one for J.Edward...

I have been trying to make the large map with the island group on the top left and I think I need to redo my sea for the world since those islands are getting swamped by the old texture for it.

I was wondering if you would post a new world map with the new islands showing but without any shields or names on it ?

There are two maps of the world on here but both have bits sticking out into the sea which is making it hard to extract the coastline from it. If I had the world mask then I can easily make the sea and I can get the mask I need from the world map and country borders.
    I'll get that to you as soon as I can Red.

edit - I'm not sure what size you needed [resolution]. Also, not sure if i can load the full size [18kx 9k or so].
    I'll try.
    Guildworld - mask01.jpg
    full size

Guildworld - mask01[halfsize].jpg
    half size
    Last edited by J.Edward; 08-04-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Blog Entries

That is just perfection ! Lovely. I will be able to use this to put a better sea on than the collection of cut outs from the individual countries. I have to mod Max's map as the coastline island changed there but that should be no problem.

Thanks !

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435