Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Mapping Elements, Starting with Preset Tables and Chairs

Here's some "Deep Swamp" mods I made. You can add little clumps of grasses, reeds, moss, rotting leaves, and some vines to give them an even more swampy/jungle look.

House-Mossy_CG_bg_modNeyjour.png House-Mossy2_CG_bg_modNeyjour.png House-Mossy3_CG_bg_modNeyjour.png House-Mossy4_CG_bg_modNeyjour.png House-Mossy5_CG_bg_modNeyjour.png House-Mossy6_CG_bg_modNeyjour.png House-Mossy7_CG_bg_modNeyjour.png

Great work Neyjour! I knew someone with skills could do better!!

Thanks Bogie! Glad you like them.

I'm zipping them up to post in my gallery in a few mins, if anyone would like to download them in one pack rather than individually. Link is in my sig.

There is nothing more to say that hasn't already been said. Your karma cup runneth over.

I too am ashamed to ask, but have run into a dead end.

Looking for overhead snow covered tents and old time outposts for an Alaska based map. I also need to scale them down to 20-30px range and still keep some detail. Grayscale option as well would be amazing.

There are lots of tents on Dundjinni forums. I made none of them. I have not seen any snow covered ones either. But to uphold my nice guy rep, I tried to photoshop a couple for you.
    As said in prior post, my artistic skill with photoshop is limited, so no masterpieces here.

I have 2 tents that I added snow, turned greyscale and reduced size. 30 px is not a usable size, nothing but little splotches. At 100px you can at least see what they are.

tent-snow (1)a_bg.pngtent-snow (1)b_bg.pngtent-snow (1)c_bg.pngtent-snow (1)d_bg.pngTent-snow (2)a_bg.pngTent-snow (2)b_bg.pngTent-snow (2)c_bg.pngTent-snow (2)d_bg.png

SnowTent_01.png SnowTent_02.png SnowTent_03.png

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    There are lots of tents on Dundjinni forums. I made none of them. I have not seen any snow covered ones either. But to uphold my nice guy rep, I tried to photoshop a couple for you. s said in prior post, my artistic skill with photoshop is limited, so no masterpieces here. I have 2 tents that I added snow, turned greyscale

<SNIP>
    I looked at these tents and was quite puzzled for a bit. Then I realized that your work was exactly right. The original Dundjinni forum tents are "Boy Scout" style tents with the tops or roofs going all the way down to the ground.

That made me start thinking about doing some different mods. From the museum tents that I've seen here in Europe or the many paintings I've seen of encampments in the Middle Ages, many tents here appear to have had sides any where from 2 feet to 32 inches/60 to 80 cm high, rather than having roofs that descend directly from the tent's crest to the ground. The mods above give you that type of tent with snow on top.

These tents are not my work. They come from the Dundjinni user forums. The modifications are all that I did. Unlike Bogie, I did not use Photoshop. I did the work with Fractal Mapper 8 and then added that transparent alpha channel layer with Paint.NET.

The scale is 1 foot = 40 Pixels. That's:

1. Exactly right for Dundjinni.
    2. Also exactly right for importing in all four resolutions into CC3.
    3. Exactly right for copying into the External Objects folder of the free Vintyri Cartographic Collection for FM8. If you're an FM8 user and you don't know what that is, go to:

The Vintyri™ Cartographic Collection
    Last edited by Mark Oliva; 03-05-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Nice work Mark, yours came out better than mine did.

Just amazing, thank you so much!!

Friday night posting: Tables & chairs presets. Some could be repeats but I think most have not been posted here before.

Rug20c-Chairs.pngRug30-Table1_bg.pngRug30-Table-Preset_bg.pngTable010-Preset_bg.png

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

I am a bit hesistant to come a' squatting Boogie's thread with my own stuff; but other have done it before and Boogie does not seem to mind...

Anyway, for once, I did not find exactly what I desired on Dundjinni.com, so I set up to create my own.

It is a square wooden staircase:

Square Staircase.png

I hope it might be of use to some... (any suggestion is, by rhe way, welcome).

Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast