View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert

I was just assuming that this was a tropical area because of the pics Mouse posted before, and because it was written, faintly, on the original map forest jungle.

Now I'm really confused.

Guild Expert

I think a climate discussion needs to happen before people start.

A rooftop reference for shading using the specified light angles might look like this:
    yo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    A rooftop reference for shading using the specified light angles might look like this:
    yo.jpg
    That's actually really helpful.

Thanks Waldronate

Oh! Is this a rare sighting of the thing we dare not mention for frightening John into hiding?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh! Is this a rare sighting of the thing we dare not mention for frightening John into hiding?!?
    Inspiration Island: Never seen when searched for, but will fall upon you at the most inopportune moments?

Oh good! Its not me starting this round of debate. We can blame Redrobes this time

I remember mentioning some time ago that we may be a bit short of trees, but I qualified that statement by saying that it depended on rainfall, and that's as far as it went.

We tore off down some other road at that point and no one said anything else about it.

Blog Entries

Your right I did assume desert but it was mentioned that it was a plain instead.

But it might not have been me that started this

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The setting/location is 'as is' on the Guildworld map. J.E came up with a mindblowing Kast landscape idea a few comments ago, with a sink hole to a lake with lots of underground rivers around the place. The reason for the city would then be that it is the only watering place for hundreds of miles around, and therefore a very strategic point in the defence of the country as a whole.

All these things are still up for discussion though
    So yeah, lets have the discussion but its pretty late here so ill probably just see what you all decided by tomorrow !

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Your right I did assume desert but it was mentioned that it was a plain instead.

But it might not have been me that started this

So yeah, lets have the discussion but its pretty late here so ill probably just see what you all decided by tomorrow !
    Ok - all right - you win! LOL! My bad

Voolf - the size of the house is the size of the number of grid squares, whether each grid square is 10, 20 or 100 pixels wide and tall. The scale doesn't change when you change the size of the paper or the resolution because the scale is set by the grid. It simply... 'is'

EDIT: take those three houses you drew earlier on your plot... when you change either the size of the paper or the dpi, they are still the same number of grid squares in height and width. The relationship between the grid and the houses you draw doesn't change. It is as if they and the grid are the same thing.
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-08-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Kacey -

I have to warn you that its nearly 3 am here, and I'm nearly flat with exhaustion so I've no idea if I'm making any sense at all.

The pics I showed were of the more dramatic forms created by erosion on limestone - forming limestone karst. Because the erosion is much more dramatic in wet tropical areas, those were the pictures I showed so that the form was obvious and made a clear impression.

However, a large part of Greece is limestone karst, and though Greece is dry I've seen plenty of pictures of Greece with quite a bit of green in them.

Maybe we ought not to assume anything about how much woodland we've got, but what type of trees there are. This is just an example, but what about predominantly cypress and other vegetation typical of Greece?

We could even say that the vegetation is up to you, since this is a fantasy city in a fantasy world

EDIT: I'm going to have a couple of trees in my part of the city. I lived for a short time in a very old city that had not a single tree in sight for half a mile in all directions, and it was the most abysmal experience of my life.
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-08-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast