Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: El Dorado - City of Gold

I love how clean it is. I think it's a wonderful map.

As everyone, I hope you'll finish it. It's an excellent map, and I think you really have nailed the "national geographic" ambiance you were looking for.

Wip

Ok I lied!, after some comments I decided to add the forest and some mountain color, maybe too much? But I appreciate the comments, so here's an update, finished?El_Dorado6.jpg

It's crazy how little modifications suddenly bring a map to life ! I like the way the green of the forest is fluffy but I think it'll need some linework. Glad you go further with this map !

That's a lot better!

Nice map snodsy, i like the concept, very well thought! and the waterfall with lake is great.

Yup, those colors and additional lines on the mountains are a very nice improvement. It could works well as a finished map, but if you find another great element/improvement/illustration to add, I certainly won't complain !

This is finished, not perfect but learned a lot, can't really mix linework between two different programs (kind of knew that but tried anyway), first time using the paint brush in illustrator. Doing separate illustrations and placing them in illustrator worked well and alway rather do type in illustrator. Thanks for the comments along the way.
    El_Dorado7.jpg

Great map ! The only thing I'd say is that I'd like to see some details on the ceremonial palaces. Besides that, glad to see another piece of you with this so special sens of coloring

Thanks for the reps guys appreciate it, and thomrey- congrats on your upcoming marriage, hopefully we'll see a map of your honeymoon travels soon! Enjoy the day and happiness for years to come. I just celebrated our 27th year together.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast