Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Western United States

I'm glad to help Snodsy ! You found just the good transition : it's smooth and perfect now. And I love how you did the Great Basin (I was wondering how you would do this actually). Now, I'm curious to see how you'll deal with the forests. This map keeps getting better and better!

Wip WesternUS_WIP_16

Getting close, more details. Not sure about label size/color.WesternUSA_16.jpg

Hey snodsy, it looks phenomenal! The lovely smooth colors makes already the thumbnail look like i HAVE to see the full image . And it's a real pleasure then, to "fly" over the landscape from one spot to the next looking for all the nice details i know only from photos & movies... It would be hard to decide what i like best on this wonderful map. The labels and the border fits the map perfectly in my view and make the whole thing look really "round". I can easily imagine it as a kind of "national park" map where you can have a nice picnic break from hiking while drooling over this fantastic work. Keep up the great work!
    Cheers,
    AL

This is looking really good snodsy.
    I'm liking most everything in there. The colors are really nice.

It's looking great! Concerning the labels, the only ones that are a bit difficult to read imho, are North Cascades and Mt Olympus.

This is coming together beautifully! I love the subtle variations in colours.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Great map snodsy! I especially like the labels! How the state names seem pressed into the map, genius!

Can't give you any rep yet, and I really have no suggestions to make this better, but here's what I have to say: I didn't think, from your starting drafts, that this would turn out this nice - I'm glad I was wrong and got surprised. It looks very cool already!

Thanks for the comments Pixie, I guess? I'm glad I suprised you. It wouldn't have come out as nice without the insight from some of the guild members here, Ilanthar's comments were especially important in making this map better. So great to have such an active, positive group here on the site that can make each of us better artists/designers/catrographers. Thanks again.

It's looking fantastic, though I just noticed a river label south of Crater Lake that is hard to see on top of the forest. I also wonder if making some of the place labels a little more solid where they overlap lines / mountain edges would make it more legible and clear, though I know it would cover the art over... a toss up, and perhaps the translucent labels are better but it's just a thought.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast