Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Voolf's Bookmark(s)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    That's actually a rather tidy process... compared with mine. [1. see something that looks kinda like X; 2. hmm...; 3. add a bit here, there, fix this and that...; 3 1/2. hmm, well, now it kinda looks more like...; 3 3/4. mess about with stuffs; 3 7/8. darn, well, ok...; 4. continue to make a giant mess until it starts looking half decent.]

I may attempt something like yours [order of progression] when I try a sub.t map. Though I might nix the lines... my natural inclination to think in light/shade.
    Interesting and innumerable the ways there are to go about it.

Thank you for the answers! Much appreciated
    You are very welcome. I try to keep my work tidy, but the things i wrote above is just a theory, in practice i jump between everything too. Actually i find beauty in that chaos, i really admire people who can paint without lines just with the appropiate colours, sometimes on one layer ! Your art seems to be like that and i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    I love the cast shadow coming in at the bottom. These look great!
    Thanks Meshon

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    They're both really yummy

Sorry - I've been repping like crazy over the last couple of weeks, but I still haven't been able to catch ten others to rep since I last repped you for the first bookmark! LOL!
    I can imagine, Mouse looking for inactive, innocent as lamb users and throw rep in ther faces, "You dont need it? I don't care, take one" haha

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    New bookmark is gorgeous! It's very atmospheric.

I'm amused by your talk of stages in creation. Man, mine would be something like 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, delete, 1, 2, close file & go out, 2, 3, I hate this map, 2, 3, some crying in the corner, 3, 2, gnashing of teeth, 3, 4, hallelujah, I'm finished! I never want to see this *&@%ing map again...
    Haha, maybe i said it wrong. The process i mentioned is something i would like to follow all the time, but i dont. With every new document i promise myself that i will keep my layers clean a tidy. Sometime from half done map i started to make a mess, and in the end i never know which layer is for what
    Btw. ChickPea, can you explain me again WIP tag scrapper? I want to place picture in first post with 2 bookmarks for scrapper, but scrapper grabs either first bookmark or second, though they are not tagged with WIP.
    Last edited by Voolf; 04-27-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    New bookmark is gorgeous! It's very atmospheric.

I'm amused by your talk of stages in creation. Man, mine would be something like 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, delete, 1, 2, close file & go out, 2, 3, I hate this map, 2, 3, some crying in the corner, 3, 2, gnashing of teeth, 3, 4, hallelujah, I'm finished! I never want to see this *&@%ing map again...

My preferred method for expletives is to substitute numbers for the letters (from the phone keypad, no fancy code or whatever). 38## gets quite a bit of use in it's various forms

Awesome job as usual Voolf. I love all three, though given my penchant for dungeons, it's no surprise that's my fave.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea
    My preferred method for expletives is to substitute numbers for the letters (from the phone keypad, no fancy code or whatever). 38## gets quite a bit of use in it's various forms

Awesome job as usual Voolf. I love all three, though given my penchant for dungeons, it's no surprise that's my fave.
    Ah, you reminded me ChickPea's words again. It's funny. yet so true. Not all my maps are going according to the plan and i get frustrated sometimes too.

Anyway.... thanks damonjynx.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's a very nice idea that you got there ... for both bookmarks ! Real bookmarks that make you want to read ... and the text is in perfect match with the drawing, which is masterfully executed! Congratulations !

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It's a very nice idea that you got there ... for both bookmarks ! Real bookmarks that make you want to read ... and the text is in perfect match with the drawing, which is masterfully executed! Congratulations !
    Thank you JO. I wanted to do something more appealing than just a crop from map. Glad you like it.

Ok, i made one more o.O
    I thought this will be a non-lines drawing practice, but it's actually turn out quite nice and finished it quite fast (done it in 3H, at least for me it is fast ). When i was about to do the last touches my wife looked at it and said that she wants a crab there.... LOL so i drew one.

Unfortunately i was working with the file that that had my first bookmark there with trees. i deleted some layers and overwrite the file several times, so i lost even backup files of the first bookmark. Well i can live with it, it is not a big map.

I think this is last one (for this bookmark project). I upload 3 of them in one picture so scrapper can grab it properly.

### Latest WIP ###

Bookmark_all_resize.jpeg
    Last edited by Voolf; 04-28-2017 at 03:54 AM.

Your bookmarks are really amazing Voolf! They are all very appealing and different. Great work!

These are fantastic, Voolf! They're all very different but complement each other very well.

About the scraper, it gets confused when there are two images in the one post and may not always pick up the one you want, no matter where you put the Latest WIP tag. It's always best to put only one image in a comment if you want the scraper to find it.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Your wife is right ! (I didn't say "always", though.... you know...) The crab takes it all !!! a reaaly beutiful piece, I love the waves !!!!

I think the last one is my favorite! It is drawn so beautifully and it looks so peaceful. The crab really is a great finishing touch.
    I'm getting really jealous of your mapmaking skills.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I agree with Josiah. Trouble is, with my propensity for daydreaming I wouldn't be doing any reading

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast