Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oct 2016 Challenge: DARK SHADOWS

Thanks Mouse & Mark. Hopefully it works now.

Perfect - thanks.

Those are really realistic shadows you've got in those rooms now Bogie. Looking great

Thanks Mouse.

The Second Floor ( or First Floor, depending on where you are from ) is finished. Now I have to put both floors on a nice background, add some dead trees, and a few other embellishments and I may actually be done in time.

### Latest WIP ###
    DarkShadows-Collinwood2C.jpg

I love the boots lying around in the bedroom... and the skulls - is that a basin? Looking really cool now

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Dang, Bogie, this is really magnificent. You went all-out with this one! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Fabulous work on this Bogie! You put so many wonderful little details and things into this. So much fun to just wander through each room and discover.

Thanks everyone. If you wander around in there Chashio, keep an eye out for Barnabus.

Looks like this is finally done!! ( But if you spot something I missed, please let me know, there is still time to fix it. )

On a side note: an interesting thought came to me today. The fictitious town of CollinsPort was supposed to be located on the coast of Maine. Steven King grew up nearby in Portland and would have been 18 years old when Dark Shadows first aired. The setting and tone of the show are a bit similar to his second book, Salem's Lot. It was written just a few years after Dark Shadows ended, I wonder if the show influenced his writing?

DARK SHADOWS - COLLINWOOD MANSION - HOME OF BARNABAS COLLINS
    ### Latest WIP ###
    DarkShadows-Final_bg.jpg

Great job, Bogie! Nice detail. Who did the illustration of the elevation view of Collinswood?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Been a while since I've had a chance to check this out Bogie, but I must say, it's looking fangtastic! The maps themselves nail the vibe perfectly and I love some of the subtle changes in the rooms between the two floors.

Only thing I don't particularly like is the picture of Barnabus, which draws always from the map. I also feel like your title could be improved upon. Perhaps giving it its own little border decoration and a bit more space? Have a play around if you have time.

Otherwise, really great Bogie!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast