Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: August/September 2017 Challenge: Dawson's Treat

Oh but we do care!

I care, anyway.

I love a good read with a good map!

Maybe I'm just odd that way?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Well, you can alway think about the details of the story while you're drawing...

Well if I had any hopes of a last minute Marathon surge my PC has broken. It won't boot up. It just goes through a cycle of almost entering the BIOS but then shuts down, then 10 seconds later tries again.

I'm not really very happy right now. I think drink must be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Well if I had any hopes of a last minute Marathon surge my PC has broken. It won't boot up. It just goes through a cycle of almost entering the BIOS but then shuts down, then 10 seconds later tries again.

I'm not really very happy right now. I think drink must be the answer.
    Sometimes you can figure out the problems if you check the motherboard. If it makes a beeping sound, check the manual, every beep means sometime particular.
    Or check the leds on the motherboard when it boots up by opening the computer. (never touch the interior when it's powered)
    The problematic part with have a led acting strangely.

Last summer my videocard died. I managed to identify the problem that way.
    I wasn't sure so I sent it to a repair shop only to be told the same diagnosis. It cost me 60$ just for that.

Blog Entries

Another thing you can try which is pretty low level stuff is to remove the battery from the battery backed up clock and leave it out for an hour or so before putting it back in. Sometimes this battery keeps alive some of the settings for the BIOS and if lost it will revert to defaults. Most other settings are stored in some semi permenant memory. It may be getting to the BIOS stage and then by talking to some aspect of your system it causes an error and fails. So its still worth unplugging everything you can like the HDD and if you have the option, reseating the CPU and any RAM chips. Just make sure your not static charged when you do any of this tho. Touch something earthed and dont wear nylon / wool etc.

This is the Aug / Sept cursed challenge for sure !

Oh Straf!

Not you as well!!!

WTFrazzle is going on here

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    This is the Aug / Sept cursed challenge for sure !

I told you : a curse was cast upon this challenge !!!

"Run, you fools !"
    (And that's a quotation, Redrobe ?)

Too late for me - I've already had mine. A sort of cold/flu/allergy reaction to something that just won't go away, and which has laid me off work for the last 3 days with no sign of abating.

Don't laugh too much (well you can if you want to) but I'm sitting here with tissue up my nose because I'm fed up with it dripping!

Curse, a broken hard drive for me.
    It definitely stopped working. I had non stop error messages andhad to disconnect it completely.
    It is still inside the computer because I'm to lazy to open it up again.

And before the 3 week long lurgy I've currently got, I had my first ever Trojan attack, which I had to fight off quite determinedly. Thank God Windows Defender is up to the mark against stuff like Seespiro.A!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast