Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Feb / Mar '18 Lite Challenge: Broax Island

You did all that by hand?

That's just incredible

The mountains are amazing and the technique is beautiful, although it looks very time-consuming. You should get an award for patience!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You did all that by hand?

That's just incredible
    Thanks. Yes unfortunately it's all by hand. I wanted to continue the painty theme over from the ocean to the land and couldn't really figure another good way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    The mountains are amazing and the technique is beautiful, although it looks very time-consuming. You should get an award for patience!
    Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------

I added highlights to the left hand side of the map. Thankfully the highlights go much much quicker than the shadows.

And I put in a windrose network, not sure how well it works. I made the network in Inkscape and got extremely annoyed at the program, which seems to happen every time I pick it up again. I'm not sure why I find that program so irritating.

### Latest WIP ###
    TopoHighsProg1_2.jpg

Even though the windrose network is faint, it breaks up the beautiful flow of your ocean.

-bkh

Quote Originally Posted by bkh1914 View Post
    Even though the windrose network is faint, it breaks up the beautiful flow of your ocean.

-bkh
    Yeah that may be the problem. I wanted to put something that contrasted all the flow, but this may just break it up instead.

I absolutely LOVE the relief shading in this map, but I'm thinking there is a basic mismatch between the painterly lines of the coastline, and the rigidly straight and perfect windrose network. Not sure what to suggest...

Maybe the windrose network would look better in a more strictly controlled version of the map?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234