Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Inargest

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Incredible work indeed! Why not just use color or contrast for the forests?
    Color indeed could work, but it's something I suspect might happen maybe on some copy in some rather distant future

Blog Entries

Oh wow! I'm in awe of and more than a little in love with your amazing hand-drawn depiction of mountains!
    Mapping blog, my maps mixed with the maps of many other people: https://oldearthmapping.tumblr.com
    Avatar by the fantastic Brian Farrar: https://artblaster.tumblr.com

And so I've finished the mountains, it's time now for rivers and towns.

_MG_8942.jpg

And a bit of an update with rivers and towns. I was very, very unhappy with the rivers — I thought they were way too thick, to the point where I actually wanted to start it all over again — but my friend suggested thickening the main rivers and it actually worked really well. I'm relatively happy about the result now (but mmy next map will have thinner rivers anyway).
    _MG_8946.jpg

To think all of this was made by hand, really impressive ! I love the lettering and the crest, so clean.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

I always admire people drawing such detail by hand - I always worry about messing it up!

It is impressive ! At first I thought the map would be a bit barren without forests but I was so wrong ...

I didn't have much time to work on it due to personal issues, but I hope the swirly text changes enough of the map:

_MG_9255.jpg

Also, I already have another project planned, this time it will be a continent map - do you have any resources on drawing map projections by hand?

Oh wow, Barat ! your calligraphic skills are absolutely wonderful ! I'm a total fan of your work o_o

It's a wonder. I think we're probably enough to create a fan club .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast