Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Land of a Thousand Falls

Worked on a border and ended up needing to change the color of the claw again so it would still stand out after adding the fires from behind the map. I think I'm done with the claw now....hopefully.

I'll have to check but I think I have civilization to add next.

I may take the rest of the night off but it depends on if it keeps calling me.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Dude, you freakin' rock. The water color is beauteous. Love the claw and the crunched-up land in its grasp. The pop of orange and gold along the border is just right to contrast with the mountains. And you've got at least 30 falls there (that's where I stopped counting.)

Very very nice, the Water now looks great.

Oh yes, the water color looks awesome now! I also like the change in the border too!

An experiment I'm calling my "oil paint" cities...also added a few mines near the center along with a fortress that may need to be made larger but we'll see.

### Latest WIP ###
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow! What a great job! The mountains are superb and the general atmosphere is very well rendered. The claws in the top right corner are a nice touch!

I'm playing around with an idea for the evil land area label but I'm not sure about it so figured I'd share a quick image of it.

labeltest.jpg

I may need to fiddle with the coloration to get it matching the lava in the cracks but would it be better with just a regular label? Maybe I need to take it farther and really bleed the fire out into the cracks more...

Very nice painterly style (the mountains are striking)! I love the clutching hand in the frame and those waters are splendid .

I really like the creepy claw with the evil lands! I think the label would be hard to read in the full map at the moment though.

Abandoning my label experiment I have gone to a more basic look. I chose to color the label to go along with the claw since that whole area is supposed to exude evil.

I also spent to many hours painting the cities and towns. Took more time cuz I keep playing with the way I'm trying to do them.

I did some first attempts to color balance and adjust things as they might be towards the final. Nothing too crazy since there is lots to still go but I think I like it a little brighter in the populated lands.

### Latest WIP ###

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast