Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Chene

This may be the one to watch if you can get it finished. The wonderful character of the buildings and all the detail. My eye just wants to roam the streets and imagine what shops are behind each door and window.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Expert

I absolutely love you’re tiny buildings, the map is obviously spectacular, and it may just be that I drank a glass of wine before I wrote this but this texture for me is looking a little stretched horizontally... aside from that though it is perfection... I wish I could draw isometric like this.

Yup, them's some real nice buildings. No real surprise there though, I would expect nothing less from you. Look forward to seeing the completed map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

So many thanks to everyone. I’m really happy people like this, spent so much time on this map so far, so it’s very rewarding to gain all this lovely feedback. It really helps to keep pushing!

I’m almost finished with a first black and white version. Many things happened since the last update (I have been busy) and those changes are hard to miss! At this point I’m completely outside my comfort zone and my hands are tired, but I had some good feedback from Beee already so I’m prepared to share.

Hope people will like this change and the result. Now time to color!

Cheers,
    Karl

### Latest WIP ###
    post black and white 2 s.jpg

It's great! I like the lone animal in the field up north

I appreciate how much drawing went into this, nice work.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow !!!!! Fantastic work !!!!!

The town is amazing and I love the layout - especially with the buildings alongside the river and the temple in the east. I have no idea how you managed to draw such amount of details in such a short time.
    I have to admit that I'm not sure about the trees. To me they look a bit too massive but on the other hand they give the map a kind of a nice foreign/magical feeling.
    I'm really looking forward to the colored version!

Thank you Jaxilon, -JO- and Neyasha. I’m so happy you guys like it! I spent more time on this then I probably should have, but as always with challenges, I learned so much

I actually agree about the trees Neyasha, on both points. Scale wise they feel too large, but at the same time I they add to a sort of ideal fantasy/medieval feeling, which was requested by the client. So strangely the contrast almost works.

Best regards,
    Karl

Fantastic is the word! A wonderful work, Karl!

Jumping and dancing everytime I see it, and then, just can't stop smiling ^^

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    they add to a sort of ideal fantasy/medieval feeling, which was requested by the client.
    My fault. 100%

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast