View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Sorry Chickpea, I didn't see what you wrote about Robbie's face and the coins until after I posted the bit about the money. I guess one side of the most valuable coin could be a compass with those words, and the other Robbies face? lol..maybe with the words "All Hail Flappymap" written underneath?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    ... lol..maybe with the words "All Hail Flappymap" written underneath?
    Hahaha!

That sounds champion

So - don't worry Kacey we've got it all sorted out now, despite that weird new tea that Straf was testing the other day

From the top down we have the Compass, a coin with Robbie's magnificent profile on one side and a compass on the other. Then we have the mountain - presumably 4 in a compass, since there are four hills in a mountain. Then there are bumps (four in a hill), and ripples (four in a bump).

There's also a condensed form of magic that comes in bars called rhumb, in which there are 1000 squeaks... I think!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That sounds champion

So - don't worry Kacey we've got it all sorted out now, despite that weird new tea that Straf was testing the other day

From the top down we have the Compass, a coin with Robbie's magnificent profile on one side and a compass on the other. Then we have the mountain - presumably 4 in a compass, since there are four hills in a mountain. Then there are bumps (four in a hill), and ripples (four in a bump).

There's also a condensed form of magic that comes in bars called rhumb, in which there are 1000 squeaks... I think!
    Sounds about right. Just don't forget the volcano's. While they are in a strict sense still mountains, they do lose a bit of value. So you might end up giving a merchant more of them, and get three hills, and maybe some bumps and ripples as change.

And doesn't everybody like a little "Rhumb" in their tea? (personally, I drink "Rhumb" straight)

Yes I do like rhumb, its just that it gives me the squeaks! Hic! Sorry - there goes another one!
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-11-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Ohhh, I might have to draw these up when I can find some spare moments
    I've already got a cool idea for some of it.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Since I have one of the waterfalls, I'm ok with whatever we decide to go with here. I can put an inclined plane in (that's a big incline) maybe some cave trolls turning a winch to get it up (like the ones at the Black Gate, LOTR reference) or some mammoths or elephants (already making the people from PETA sweat just suggesting it...)

How about a big bucket that uses the power of the waterfall to pull the boat up? Maybe not actually as practical or effective as it sounds but if we can suspend disbelief for a minute, it could work. or as I am thinking about it a water wheel under the falls, we can just lock the rope in place when we need it to pull and detach it when we don't. hmmm... that might work.

as long as the arm that it is on is detachable so we can spin it around to get the rope going in the other direction to let boats down.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

And.... J.Edward was never seen again. Flapping into the distance.

So it has grown quite apparent that there is in fact quite a large amount of river trade and travel going on in this town of ours, and I've started to wonder quite how that works what with all the waterfalls and such? Are there locks all over the place? Some magical means of moving boats up and down? Sky chariots pulled by air sharks? No wait, that last one is a different subject... Erm what about a bucket convener or water wheel where the boats steer into the bucket and get lifted with the water?

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast