Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Understood, thanks a lot

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

You'll also notice after a while that the actual surface of the tablet gets a smoother texture as well (generally in the center where your drawing is concentrated). I have an A3 Intuos and after 18months of daily use I've noticed it. Again, as with the nibs, doesn't really do much to hinder your drawing.

Blog Entries

I have a 3.99$ mouse from walmart.

Maybe that's why everything I draw on the computer looks awful? lol

Gotta say... I prefer the mouse

For me, to make a map with a tablet is 12x to 15x faster than doing it with a mouse, but it's possible to do it with the mouse.

Guild Member Facebook Connected SandmanNet's Avatar

Default Mouse vs. tablet

I've been a Cintiq user for a decade or more, and I love them. But my latest investment is by far the greatest; the Wacom Cintiq companion. Wow, what a tablet! For you who doesn't know, it's a Wacom tablet AND a Windows 8 tablet computer rolled up into one. It has pretty poor battery life, bit that's ok when there are no cables and you can bring it to the living room sofa and draw for hours. Love it!

/ Sandman[.net]

Guild Member

My first tablet is supposed to arrive some time this week. I'm excited to try it...I know there will be a learning curve but I think it will really help me. Using the mouse to draw has never felt the least bit natural to me, I've always been disappointed in the result compared to drawing on paper.

I use a Yiynova MSP19U (though I haven't made a map with it yet), which is basically a Cintiq (i.e. a graphic tablet/screen hybrid) without the price tag. I saw this review ages ago, and ended up buying one. It's awesome. I've used a Cintiq in the past, and actually marginally prefer this, since it's more sensitive at lower pressure levels, which to me feels more natural.

I would like to know if there are any video tutorials for using a tablet. I bought a Wacom Bamboo model CTH-460 when I started my Graphic Design degree classes and have used it to sketch with, but I feel that I'm not using it to it's full potential. Can anybody help me out here?
    Jynx

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    I would like to know if there are any video tutorials for using a tablet. I bought a Wacom Bamboo model CTH-460 when I started my Graphic Design degree classes and have used it to sketch with, but I feel that I'm not using it to it's full potential. Can anybody help me out here?
    Jynx
    I don't know any videos, but you should definitely make use of all the express keys as well as the buttons on the own itself. These can help make your workflow much faster and easier. For example, binding the buttons to undo, redo, ALT, and other often used shortcuts means less time spent switching over to your keyboard and back to the tablet.

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast