I voted for "The rep system in its current form needs a complete overhaul to make it work.", but it's not like i hate it or anything. I am not bothered by rep system, but I also don't find it very useful. I like the idea behind it, that you can "reward" a member extra for a great map, but if people are refreining from giving rep because of high numbers or any other reasons, this whole thing starting to loose sense. Why this have to be so complicated. instead of some raising numbers based on rep given and rep recived, every rep can be worth 1 all the time. No matter who gives it and when.
Anyway, for me the rep system can be gone completaly. There are more pressing matters than this and it's quite outdated forum. I would love to have move advaned forum here, where you get notifications on every topic you have discussed without the need of subscription. The ability to tag people @ so that when somebody is marked at a theard that never posted, can be inforemd about it and respond.
A implemented tag system could makes miracles in organizing and seaching threads, not only for everyday search but even for selecting maps for annual awards etc.
As for the reputation, for me it always stood for how much a member of the forum is helpful to the others. This is usually what new members think. We have had new members asking what is rep for on this site over and over including me long time ago. Instead of rep i would like to see maybe a reaction to post option when you can choose an icon like Thank you / Like it / Wow etc.
Lastly as much as i like the thematic guild skin and I appreciate making it. I would also appreciate some new/other light skins which i like more. Doesn't have to match the theme of the guild.