Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shandar: Land of the Exalted

Guild Expert

Another nice one! I'm really liking the colours you're using here.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Check out post #16 for the link to Ascension's tutorial. Really, all I've done is just take that tut as a starting point and just experiment until I get stuff that looks cool.
    Thanks for helping a lazy fellow get some education

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Boom! Another update. I might actually finish at this rate. Thanks for the kind words - it helps keep me motivated. And no problem, thomrey.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yup, great color palette for an otherwise very cool "Diamond Map" ! You always do marvels with the waters... I like your signature as well on this

Thanks Ilanthar!

Okay, here's another update; all labeling is done and I've started putting in some tentative sigils for the various countries.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those signals are beautiful, real look awesome in the map and those rhumb lines are great too, yeah the map is pretty spot on also,great job on this one

Thanks Diamond for this thread. Makes me want to try this type of map one day. Beautifull work on this.

A beautiful map, clear, easy to read and still pretty in the coloring. The names have a Hindi sound to my ear, is that right?
    Only thing I'm confused about are the coordination-circles in the water. They seem to be rather randomly placed for pure decoration than for truely navigating on the ocean. Maybe you could place them more meaningful without to much work?

Edit: Looking a second time at them and this time closely, I see that two of them have a meaningful center with the cities of Kelam and Palanchar. So my comment above only refers to the circle in the lower left corner.
    Last edited by Eld; 10-16-2016 at 03:56 PM.

That last one on the bottom left actually has a reason too; there's the ruins of a sunken city there that I haven't marked (yet). Kelam is the 'holy city' of this region - the place where most of the gods' main temples are located, and Palanchar is a major pilgrimage site for one of the pantheon's gods.

And yes, the feel of this is supposed to be evocative of India/Tibet/a little of the 'stans and SE Asia too.

Guild Expert

I'm loving the sigils their really great, and I really like the font's you've used here as well.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast