I love G-Spot. It has helped me on innumerable occasions as I too hate codec hell. RobA, do you have a viewer suite that you've found works for 90% of the video out there?
You'll have to forgive me for getting back on topic for a moment, but...
How are you with non-humanoids? I could use an orc king (or king-like, anyway) for the Bloodspires in the Witchlight Strand. I've got an idea brewing, and maybe a visual of him will help get it out of my head and into the wiki.
And it goes without saying that anything else in the Witchlight Strand (or anywhere else in this project, I'm sure) are fair game for your talents.
-IG
I love G-Spot. It has helped me on innumerable occasions as I too hate codec hell. RobA, do you have a viewer suite that you've found works for 90% of the video out there?
I used to use VLC, but lately have been sticking with SMPlayer which is a nice compiled frontend for mplayer (windows and linux binaries available) It also (of course, being based on mplayer) supports AVISynth script files, which is my swiss army knife for video editing.
Though for windows, media player classic (MPC) http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/ seems to support more video formats without driver installs...though it seems to be getting out of date...
-Rob A>
My tutorials: Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional Map ~ All My Tutorials
My GIMP Scripts: Rotating Brush ~ Gradient from Image ~ Mosaic Tile Helper ~ Random Density Map ~ Subterranean Map Prettier ~ Tapered Stroke Path ~ Random Rotate Floating Layer ~ Batch Image to Pattern ~ Better Seamless Tiles ~ Tile Shuffle ~ Scale Pattern ~ Grid of Guides ~ Fractalize path ~ Label Points
My Maps: Finished Maps ~ Challenge Entries ~ My Portfolio: www.cartocopia.com
Redrobes: Those were nice video clips. I totally get the concept.
I've done orcs and ogres before and they turned up pretty good. I'll give it a go sometime.
I sticked with Aldamar for another one. This time a guy much higher up in the hierarchy of the deity's following. This one likes to show off, has power and lets all around him know that too. Maybe he's a bishop or the like.
### PIC ###
And an alpha-channeled token too:
Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Whoah , this is seriously excellent stuff. I feel like I need to find another 10 people to randomly hit with my rep stick so I can hit you again.
Having a change of dress really does wonders. I am amazed at how quick you do these with so much quality to them.
Edit -- RobA, Oh yes ! That charmove is an old movie. XviD is much better tho.
VLC can be found here for those interested... http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Last edited by Redrobes; 10-14-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Spectacular!
If I can make a specific request... I would like you to try your hand at his avatar -
"An elderly, but powerfully built man dressed in grey and white robes. His beard and hair are white and hang long and straight. He carries a golden crown in his right hand and the scales of justice in his left."
Feel free to experiment a bit, just use the description as a guideline. The WIKI can always be changed.
I'm in the same boat as RedRobes, need to bonk some others with my cudgel so I can smite ya again.
My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...
Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
On sg and rr's behalf, a light tap with my +6 rep stick!
And thanks for the contributions! Do you work from photo's of real people?
-Rob A>
My tutorials: Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional Map ~ All My Tutorials
My GIMP Scripts: Rotating Brush ~ Gradient from Image ~ Mosaic Tile Helper ~ Random Density Map ~ Subterranean Map Prettier ~ Tapered Stroke Path ~ Random Rotate Floating Layer ~ Batch Image to Pattern ~ Better Seamless Tiles ~ Tile Shuffle ~ Scale Pattern ~ Grid of Guides ~ Fractalize path ~ Label Points
My Maps: Finished Maps ~ Challenge Entries ~ My Portfolio: www.cartocopia.com
If you're doing requests, could you consider Artor Cambori - Captain of the Warders in the Akron region.
Link: http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com/i...?title=Warders
Guys, what sort of era do we want for the Akron region? I've sort of been thinking an Italian style culture, like the Romans but with medieval steel and commerce. However, the culture of Akron could as easily be early Renaissance as Roman.Originally Posted by Valarian
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games
Thanks again 12rounds for the remarkable artwork. As you can see the CWBP has a need.
Written jargon warnings for RobA, Redrobes and RPMiller. Hah!
Torq
The internet! It\'ll never catch on.
Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld