Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Feb / Mar '18 Lite Challenge: The Feuding States

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Yep ! Your map looks good !

Thanks JO that's great praise indeed

Labelling is tedious, so I've been faffing about making a cartouche. This is just a quick upload to see how it looks and is no way indicative of how the map is going to be. For a start there are loads of bits showing through where they shouldn't be and the whole thing needs adjusting to blend in better. I also haven't given the labels a glow as they're all in the same layer as the cartouche at the moment (imported from Inkscape).

### Latest WIP ###
    Feuding States.jpg

Well that seemed to fill in some time! Rivers labelled. Next job is to work on filling in some of that border around the outside...

### Latest WIP ###
    Harmony.jpg

Oh and could some kindly CL please change the title of the thread to "The Island of Harmony" rather than "The Feuding States". It seems they made peace while I was labelling rivers and they're actually quite well acquainted these days. Also because I can't be arsed to write the fights and that up. Also also Diamond's challenge is about feuds and maybe I'll do something on that instead.

TIA

Was that the 14 day war?

Looking really good, Straf

Have to agree, that's looking pretty sharp. Gonna be some tough voting this time round. Already seeing three or four that I really like so far.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

I'm not a fan of such yellow parchment, it's a little overpowering, but the map itself looks great!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

That's easily adjusted with the saturation hoojar Josiah

I've been working on the blurby bits recently and I've included one part of it just to see how it looks. I think it may be a bit wordy but I'll see how it all fits together when I start adding some other bits. There's still about a week to go so barring something beyond my control I should have time to finish this off I've learnt quite a few new things doing this map, I've been using Inkscape quite a lot, mainly for text, but also for symbols and cartouches and that. I might be brave one day and try a whole map just in Inkscape.

### Latest WIP ###
    Harmony.jpg

Guild Expert

It looks really good with all the text added to the sides, I really like the layout. One thing that bugs me though is the font for the bigger regions, I really don't think it suits the fonts from the rest of the map, other then that I think this is coming along quite nicely.

This has come a long way since I last had a chance to look at it, Straf

The colour is much better, and the details seem to be pulling together into a style really well, though I agree with Kacey about the mismatch between the country names and the rest of the labelling and text. Its much easier to make labels play nicely if you try to use variations on the same font throughout

I'm really liking this now Straf, the colour balance is much better, I think the text is now really good, and your caterpillar mountains look really authentic. Methinks it'll get a vote from me!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast