Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: November/December 2015 Challenge: City of Seyazade

Is it geographically accurate to have the top of the cliff so even in height? Not an expert, just curious.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This is really great. I had wondered what that area of deep shadow on the left was going to be; that's a neat little grove/park.

Looking really good!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Concerning the cliff, yeah, that's possible (btw, I was thinking of the not-so-different french side Azelor ). I may change a bit the very straight base line you see in the back, though.

Thanks a lot for the support & interest. I'm done with the windows/doors, and I'm beginning the coloring/texturing of the side view. I've hope to finish it before 2016 !
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Seyazade.jpg

Thanks John !
    An update. I think I'll just add the trees and some foam maybe, then labels!
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Seyazade.jpg

Hum... I couldn't resist to do some more texturing, notably on the water and sails.
    I'm testing labels and really need some feedback on this (it's always a hard part) : I want to put an arabic feel and do otherwise than my usual "numbers". What do you think of this test? Clear enough?
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Seyazade.jpg

I like the font and I understand the desire for its use. That said, it might get a bit tricky as you add more street names.
    It seems like it could get a bit hard to read. But that's just one opinion.

This turned out wonderful Ilanthar! I love the two perspectives and this "signature canvas" and textures of yours are really fitting the maps in my view.
    I think i already wrote somewhere else about the problems i see with these kind of "pseudo-arabic" fonts, and the legibility mentioned is only one of them. I'm curious what you'll do with it in the end. Anyways, i think it won't diminish the overall quality of this fine work!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast