Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2016 Map Awards (Annual Challenge replacement)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

maybe there will be an announcement in the new year? I hope so, not that I have any maps i can 'enter'

I was thinking that, like the regular Oscars, the best in this case maps, from last year would be decided early 2017. I hope so anyway

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

To be quite honest, it seems all of us CLs (myself included) have either A) lost interest, B) haven't had time or were overwhelmed by how to orchestrate it all, or C) hesitated thinking someone else was going to jump on it. It seems likely that nothing will get done by next week/end of the year, but I for one will get motivated to have an amazing Cartoscars* next year. Sorry to all the folks that were looking forward to something sooner.

*I kind of like that one!

Cartoscars is a great one Diamond.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Special announcement:

• The 2016 Annual Challenge Awards will take place in March of this year.
    • Phase one will be for you folks to vote on an actual name for the award! That vote will take place in about a week.
    • After that will be a nomination phase which will last for about SIX weeks.
    • There will be several categories to nominate for and vote in - details to follow in mid-January.
    • Voting will last for ONE week and will take place the first week of March.

Stay tuned for more details, and watch this forum for the name voting thread, which will likely go up this coming Sunday.

One idea I'm not sure was discussed would be to vote for the BEST OF in the Challenge and Lite Challenge (taking all 12 months winners) Just a thought.

Okay, fellow Guildies: we have a name. The Atlas Awards!

Tomorrow afternoon (my time zone) there will be a forest of new threads popping up here - stay tuned. The next phase is a nomination period, and you'll all be able to have a voice there.

Terrific name! And it certainly suggests a good "trophy" image design.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345