Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Oct / Nov '17 Lite Challenge: Thunder Island

Heeeey.... You don't have to take any advice you don't agree with - no one does

I'll just hate you forever, and I'll never eat cheese from your hand again - so its no big deal

IMHO I think the monastery map looks pretty much 'done', and adding a whole new thing in that frame might make it a bit crowded out again. If this is GIMP you could slightly increase the line spacing in the legend till it takes up the remaining room, and also move the whole text block down a bit to give it an equal space between it and the title, and it and the bottom frame?

Here's another idea that may have you hmm-ing and shaking your head at me

If you have an experimental nature (which has always been a problem of mine), would you try a tiny drop shadow on the framework to make it look like its standing the tiniest bit proud of the paper? (errr... I presume its meant to be proud of the paper, that is. And if its not, just totally ignore that particular idea)

I realised that the deadline for this month's challenge is the 14th not the 16th, I have no idea why I thought it was the 16th. So I guess I better up the pace. Here's some more labels added, some previous ones tweaked and the border tweaked slightly too.

### Latest WIP ###
    combined - labels1f.jpg

Right so now everything has a basic level of labelling done I think I can spend the remaining time playing round and tweaking. Or making more coats of arms, or removing the ones I currently have in there.

### Latest WIP ###
    combined - labels1h.jpg

Looks very smart, QED - an interesting and different approach to mapping what seems to be the favourite island

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Looks very smart, QED - an interesting and different approach to mapping what seems to be the favourite island
    Thanks Mouse. I thought I was picking an island that not many others had but seems like everyone wanted the same one!

I think this might be the final update, or maybe it won't be. Only time will tell!

### Latest WIP ###
    combined - labels1j.jpg

For reals last time.

### Latest WIP ###
    combined - labels1j.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345