Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: July / Aug '18 Lite Challenge: The Stones of Melenor

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

### Winner ###

Final!

"Once a year, when the time has come, the Stones start to shimmer in their usual bright blue light. All around them, the grass slowly frosts, and the petals of the small yellow flowers ice up and become as white as swan's wings. Then, gusts of wind bring snow whirlwinds from the sky and spread them all over the Lands of Melenor. The spirit of the old mage never liked autumn and spring, so he decided to change seasons his own way."

I know it is not perfect as I would have wanted it to be, however it was a very good practice for perspective, color, buildings, water, etc. I am still very proud of the final results!
    *Yes, I didn't have much time left, so the seasons change ON THE SAME MAP! Crazy, I know*

July - Aug '18 Lite Contest FINAL.jpg
    Last edited by ChickPea; 09-17-2018 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

I don't think I really noticed before how your clouds are reflected in the water. Nice!

Winter is Coming! Excellent work, you deserve to be proud of this map!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Winter is Coming! Excellent work, you deserve to be proud of this map!
    Thank you very much!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

This turned out great! I love the coloring. Just so much detail, so much work, & I agree with Bogie, you should be proud.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

This is amazing! I love all of it, but especially the mountains and the water (your river is particularly impressive). Did you color in Photoshop/GIMP or did you go the old-fashioned route?

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    This is amazing! I love all of it, but especially the mountains and the water (your river is particularly impressive). Did you color in Photoshop/GIMP or did you go the old-fashioned route?
    Thank you very much! I did it all in Photoshop, it has been my lover for a long time, and I'm afraid I can't part with it Also, I am not as good with traditional art as I am with digital!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345