Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Feb 2019 Challenge: The Battle of Gordion

Here we go with the third map, Phase 3 of the Battle. After inflicting heavy losses on each other, the Ku-yan send the Screaming Horde screaming back to their homes in the Steppes. Taking advantage of the condition of the other two armies, Prince Yobec leads a daring
    surprise attack and defeats the Ku-Yan's Crimson King.

Now I have to combine all 3 maps into one image.

### Latest WIP ###
    Battle-of-Gordion3.jpg

In the first line of the description of the Phase 3, "lead" should be "leads". In the second line, I would think that there would be "horsemen" instead of a "horseman". The third line should have a comma after "losses".

What are you using for the texture of the troops spilling out of the gate in an arrow? Is that birdseed?

Congratulations on getting this finished (well, except for the stitching together, but I'm sure you'll manage that).

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    In the first line of the description of the Phase 3, "lead" should be "leads". In the second line, I would think that there would be "horsemen" instead of a "horseman". The third line should have a comma after "losses".
    What are you using for the texture of the troops spilling out of the gate in an arrow? Is that birdseed?
    Congratulations on getting this finished (well, except for the stitching together, but I'm sure you'll manage that).
    Thanks I'll have to correct the spelling another night, to late to fix it tonight.
    The texture is actual soldiers from a battle field sim screenshot.
    battlefield3a.jpg

Still a few minor things to fix but 95% finished.
    The 3 maps of the Battle of Gordion laid out on a table for study.

### Latest WIP ###
    Battle of Gordion-final_bg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Still a few minor things to fix but 95% finished.
    The 3 maps of the Battle of Gordion laid out on a table for study.

### Latest WIP ###
    Battle of Gordion-final_bg.jpg
    Wow , you made it , looks already great the only think I would add is some arrows ponters to explain better the directions or is not easy to understand what is happening only by the images.
    Apart that great job !

That looks really nice laid out like that, it gives it a really nice feel.

Huh, an interesting departure from your usual work Bogie (unless things have changed while I was away). It's a nice layout, and depicts its subject matter well. Good work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Wow , you made it , looks already great the only think I would add is some arrows ponters to explain better the directions or is not easy to understand what is happening only by the images.
    Apart that great job !
    Thanks Naima, it is not as spectacular as your map is, but I'm happy you like it. I will add some arrows and fix a couple spelling mistakes
    and then upload the final version in a few days. ( my wife is bugging me about doing the taxes first.)

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    That looks really nice laid out like that, it gives it a really nice feel.
    Thanks Domino, I wanted it to look like the generals were studying the maps on a war table.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Huh, an interesting departure from your usual work Bogie (unless things have changed while I was away). It's a nice layout, and depicts its subject matter well. Good work.
    Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh, it is definitely not in my comfort zone. I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it work, but Naima challenged me to do something different so I gave my best shot.

An artist doesn't have time for taxes...aren't we supposed to be rebels?!

As for different I'd say this is quite a bit of a change. The great thing about doing that kind of stuff is even when it doesn't work out you often pick up a few new things that come in handy later. I've still got ideas from some of my disasters that I want to revisit.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I fixed the text errors, added the troop movement arrows and some coins so I think this will be the finished version. (Fingers Crossed....)

### Latest WIP ###
    Battle of Gordion-done_bg.jpg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast