Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: The Diamond Trade Route

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    It looks great Voolf, there are a few maps that are obviously going to be on top in the end, and this I'm sure will be one of them.
    Thank you for the these words of confidence Kacey. I appreciate it, but there are so many great artists in this challange, I kinda doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    I know it's pretty easy to be judgmental about your own work especially when things don't turn out the way you had them in your head but the result of your map is still outstanding work! Even if it's not exactly what you wanted it's an extremely professional looking map, with clean lines, and very inviting colors.
    Thank you very much Domino. You guys are always such a boost of motivation

Here is another update. I have put almost all time into layout desining. There was not enough space ON the map, so i had to move everything down. I still have to figure some things relating layout. Have to put more icons on the map lots of towns, more decorations.... bleah

### Latest WIP ###
    trade route_006.jpg
    Last edited by Voolf; 02-23-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Blog Entries

It looks really nice!!

Hey Voolf, this is looking really great, love the mountains in particular - and your colours are superb!

Ahhh, you're one of those people that can draw top-down mountains that actually look like mountains.

Looks good to me though and especially like the coloring.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Aww... the map itself is absolutely beautiful : fantastic mountains and textures

Quote Originally Posted by FranCobasGC View Post
    It looks really nice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonquani View Post
    Hey Voolf, this is looking really great, love the mountains in particular - and your colours are superb!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Ahhh, you're one of those people that can draw top-down mountains that actually look like mountains.
    Looks good to me though and especially like the coloring.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Aww... the map itself is absolutely beautiful : fantastic mountains and textures
    Thank you guys !

I have finally made my own set of vector icons, so i don't have to make them over for every map i need them. I have to make more though

I have placed all the cities and whatnot on the map. I wanted the route to take at least month to travel by foot, but i am not sure if those numbers fit the scale of the map. If there is someone that have great knowledge about distances and how much time does it take to travel i could use some help here

### Latest WIP ###

trade route_007.jpg
    Last edited by Voolf; 02-25-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Oh, This is awesome! I love the way you have done all the icons! Scale is not something that I'm very good at so I'll let someone else help you there...

I really like the danger icons, the quicksand in particular. The whole map is just so pleasing to look at!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Not only is the map beautiful, but the entire description of the trade routes is simply exemplary!
    It is amazing how this table, so well done, so understandable, gives all its life to the map and offers a much broader understanding than just the drawing.
    I particularly like the last line, at the bottom, with the description of the route, the relays and the dangers... it's a whole story that is told with just this line... An excellent job! Congratulations!
    The small drawing of the cities is a real added value, too!

This is turning out great! I really am inspired by those city/location symbols on this map. So extremely simple, yet it works. I'll have to steal this idea.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

A professional work, everything is clear and easy to read and these mountains deserve a high praise

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast