Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Land of a Thousand Falls

Just fantastic Jax, I love the colors, the water, the mountains, and the claw!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I actually liked that more ornate label quite a bit, but I'd need to see more labels in a greater area to know for sure if I'd like 'em over the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I actually liked that more ornate label quite a bit, but I'd need to see more labels in a greater area to know for sure if I'd like 'em over the whole thing.
    Yeah, I don't think I'd have but a couple labels that size. I think there are two lands on this map so all the rest would be smaller.
    Unless you mean would the other labels be all wild like that? I think that would be the only one, I'd have to figure out how I would even fancy up the main area. It wouldn't deserve flames in any event.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Its an excellent painting, for some reason though I keep looking on right corner and expect to see the face of the monster biting the other half of the map Lol ...
    Last edited by Naima; 02-28-2019 at 09:40 AM.

love the clouds and waterfall so much!

Updated with more towns. Special stone locations, went over the land to add lots of subtle shading. Some tweaks to make a more natural flow, touched up forest areas and whatever else I don't remember.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Brilliant!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

The cities and villages are splendid : so detailed ! Very good job !

I'm less convinced by the Golden color of the frame, it distracted my eye from the beautiful map

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Brilliant!
    Thanks Bogie.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    The cities and villages are splendid : so detailed ! Very good job !

I'm less convinced by the Golden color of the frame, it distracted my eye from the beautiful map
    I'll take a shot at darkening out that upper bright area up until the fire part and see how that looks. I'm not sure how it might effect those mountains on the left but I'm curious to see. I appreciate the input. After you look at something for as many hours as I have this I think your mind becomes numb to it and it's hard to see small issues that hold the piece back.

I'm going to be traveling for a month in 9 days so I've got to wrap this puppy up while I also prepare for all that so I really hope to have it complete by end of next week. Anything after that is going to be iffy. I'm going to take my Cintiq Companion with me but it's charger port has malfunctioned and I am going to see a friend who MIGHT be able to help me repair it. If not, I'm just not going to have a drawing tablet so that will be that until I get back home. I can do labels with my mouse I guess but I'm also going to be visiting friends I haven't seen in a year. My time will be hard to come by.

In other words, if you all see anything else I may be missing I'm happy to hear it and see if I can do something about it. I do still have some things I'd love to do with this but I just might not get to them.

I attempted removing the brighter edge but it didn't work well super well so instead I did what I could to lower the bright so as not to overwhelm the eye. Hopefully that's better.

I also painted up a squid and used that as a compass rose of sorts. Not sure if I want to keep it but there it is for now. It was fun putting it together anyway.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast