Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Soel's Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Maybe just a No. 4 not too big in the prison?
    Anyway, it's really beautiful! A great work done on light and shadows: with this, the map takes on its full meaning, and acquires a unique atmosphere! Congratulations!
    Thank you Jo! It was like a disaster. The original map is much more lighter, and the light source is more complete than what it is now. then I realized the rock was black... and i had it orangish.. soooo... This is a rescue manovre.
    I tried the "4" token but i felt like wrong as the number was repeating twice. I think i'll keep playing around with sizes to find out! thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    It's gorgeous!
    The ribbon is looking great as it is. You could use the black space you have on the right for the jail title, maybe?

Thank you!
    i've been using it there but i felt like su umbalanced.
    Originally I had a "cut" like a cavern to show where the jail is located, as a lower layer, but it was a mess.

I am anyway trying this option again, thank you! Maybe i can see it with new eyes now.

OMG Ren, this is epic ! Seriously, I'm astonished. It's very cool job you did here ! Excellent ;-)))
    I especially love all the light effect everywhere.

I don't think that the inset needs any title. It's obviously the jail, what with the barred cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Onirian View Post
    OMG Ren, this is epic ! Seriously, I'm astonished. It's very cool job you did here ! Excellent ;-)))
    I especially love all the light effect everywhere.
    Yay! Thank you for being in the challenge with me!

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    I don't think that the inset needs any title. It's obviously the jail, what with the barred cells.
    Oh wow. This is an option i was not thinking about. Its a good feedback if you think the design language is clear enough!

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Blog Entries

Agree with Onirian, the lighting is fantastic, Ren. Very beautiful work. I feel like I want to touch it... but in a non-weird way. :s
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

uh oh. Dirty mind alert.

Lol, Thank you, I take it as a compliment. I am not a technical artist, i am more into moods and I appreciated your comment very much

I'm glad you remembered it's a black stone, since it looks so incredibly dramatic now. The whole piece looks spectacular with this splendid light !

Wow, this turned out so cool! I love the color and tone to it! And that gate... so cool!

This looks soo soo good. Amaizing like your other work here.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast