Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Valley Map (First Regional) WIP

One question for anyone who passes by: I'm really struggling with how to annotate the village, should i do a symbol, should I draw an Iso village similar to the tower? I'm just not sure. If anyone has any opinions or examples, that would be fabulous.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by saria View Post
    One question for anyone who passes by: I'm really struggling with how to annotate the village, should i do a symbol, should I draw an Iso village similar to the tower? I'm just not sure. If anyone has any opinions or examples, that would be fabulous.
    I liked this guys iso villages. http://gatekeeper501.deviantart.com/...game-103735116

Lovely example, now I will practice how to draw houses for 3 days

Yep, I have that one in my DA favorites.
    I have some that I did that you can look at on page 4 of my experiment thread.
    There's also some non-iso ones I did and made available too on my free stuff thread.

And Larb's technique with sketchup is a good way to get used to doing iso/perspective buildings too.

Thanks J for the heads up! Can't use your symbols since this is for commercial technically but I will just learn from everything you linked as always I'll try to find Larbs technique to practice today as well! Also I'm not sure why I'm so nervous about this piece but seriously I am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so pretty, Saria! I love that little tower in the forest. It looks fantastic!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks J for the heads up! Can't use your symbols since this is for commercial technically but I will just learn from everything you linked as always I'll try to find Larbs technique to practice today as well! Also I'm not sure why I'm so nervous about this piece but seriously I am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah, I didn't realize that. Well, that's cool though that it is for commercial use.
    Here's a link to Larb's Border Tower where she was describing the technique.

Thanks - It's really for my OWN writing that I'm using it It isn't commission or anything. So I'm hoping it is good enough I am working very hard to at least make things I love, somewhat.

And thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is so pretty, Saria! I love that little tower in the forest. It looks fantastic!
    Aw thank you, ChickPea. I'm glad you think it's pretty!!! I REALLY REALLY wasn't sure. I know it probably seems like I might be looking for a compliment or something, but truly truly truly, I just literally have no idea how to judge my own work yet. It's like I can SEE too much what I drew, and it distracts from understanding the aesthetics. THANK YOU!

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Aw thank you, ChickPea. I'm glad you think it's pretty!!! I REALLY REALLY wasn't sure. I know it probably seems like I might be looking for a compliment or something, but truly truly truly, I just literally have no idea how to judge my own work yet. It's like I can SEE too much what I drew, and it distracts from understanding the aesthetics. THANK YOU!
    I second this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast