Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: February 2016 Challenge: Blood Song by Anthony Ryan

I am amazed by the amount of labels... must have taken quite some time to enter?

Beautiful work Ravells! I love the labeling.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Artisan

Excellent Ravells ! Did you invent the border or you got inspiration somewhere ?
    It's absolutely perfect and fits the style.

Banned User

Ravells, this is really beautifully done.

I do notice one minor thing ... the sentences that are arc'd around the outside of the dotted line are not arc'd quite parallel to the line.

Thanks everyone for your very kind words.

@ Carnifex: yes, it took ages to do all the labels, but once I got my head down it went much faster than I thought it would. One of the reasons for the zillions of labels was a way of testing the kerning of the Town font I'm in the process of making. Still got to do all the numbers, symbols, accented characters etc.
    @ Deadshade: Sorry, I ought to have made full disclosure - the corner patterns are taken from a black and white wrought iron design from the web. The little symbols in the circles are the sigils of each of the 'Orders of the Faith' from the book. These I drew but after I'd done them the author came back to me with his versions but they were too ornate to have worked as embossed stamps.
    @ Chick: You're quite right and this is what I love about the guild - nothing gets past you guys! I will go back and fix that. It won't take long but I'll do it later. I'm working on something else now and have reached my limit with this map for now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456