Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: [WIP] Home-brew Campaign Setting Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Ok, so I think I got the forests looking a little better. I MIGHT be finished with the land /geographical features on this one. I'm looking now to start adding labels and map info and such.

As usual, all feedback is encouraged and welcome!

The_Empire_MORE_TREES.jpg

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Did you ever "finish" this map? It looks fantastic!

I like the overall feel of it. The mountains are very dominant and the "dark/eery" style of them marks the style of the map.

The rivers don't fit that style, an almost-black-shade-of-blue would be better imho, using lines equal in size to the lines in the mountains. Just my two cents..

A nice world, and overall very well done map. I am curious as to what font you are using?

This is looking good. I agree that the mountains are really hard inked, in comparison to the rest of the map. Maybe soften them up or strengthen some of the rest of the features? This is coming along nicely Though.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    This is looking good. I agree that the mountains are really hard inked, in comparison to the rest of the map. Maybe soften them up or strengthen some of the rest of the features? This is coming along nicely Though.
    Thanks for the feedback. I see what people are talking about with the mountains being "inked" a little harder than most of the map, but that is mainly due to the mountains I am using. I've tried drawing mountains my self, but I can't ever seem to achieve the look I'm going for. So I'm still stuck using brushes or icons. These are mountains from the "DeRust" Campaign Cartographer annual pack. I manipulated the initial coloring and such some, but I haven't found a way to tone down JUST the line work. I've tried various Photoshop techniques to try and soften up those lines, but I have yet to find something that looks good. I just tried a Gausian Blur of 4 px and it softened them SOME, but made the mountains look kind of airbrushed overall and I didn't like that look.

So I'm TOTALLY open to suggestions here. For those that haven't been following along, we are talking about the line work on the mountains in post #64 and a way to make the line work a little more subtle.

For the record, I may not do anything to them at all. I personally think they look fine, but I'm always open to tips and ways to improve my work, so I'm keeping an open mind.

Thanks for the input!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567