Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Western Torfani

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

1. I think the forest labels look just fine.
    2. The way you finally settled on days of travel works great. Much less busy than the mile markers (which on a map of a smaller area might work great) and still clearly legible.
    3. Love this map!

Banned User

This is coming along very nicely! What's the new font you are using? Does it have a bold version? That might help with the forest labels.

Thanks everyone !

I gave a try to Arsheesh suggestion about the forests labels. I'm doing small labels right now and we'll see how it turns out later then.
    By Diamond
    2. The way you finally settled on days of travel works great. Much less busy than the mile markers (which on a map of a smaller area might work great) and still clearly legible.
    That's good to know! Some are probably vanishing below some labels, but well, it's still useful to get an idea of distances, I think.

By Chick
    What's the new font you are using? Does it have a bold version? That might help with the forest labels.
    It's "FranciscoLucas Briosa" and it has a bold version, but I after a quick test, it doesn't work really better. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

So, I've done almost all the small labels (except a few mountain pass and maybe rivers).
    Western Torfani.jpg

Guild Novice

I really like the way you've drawn the mountains on this map, especially the one just below the Komarni Pass

Thanks Easyworld !

An update with a lot more labels (almost all the labels I intended to place). I'll rework some of the sea labels.
    Western Torfani.jpg
    Legible?

Guild Expert

I really like this map, I find the colours calming, and I also like the text you've chosen, I think the labels look good.

Thanks Kacey! Good to know for the labels.

An update with a bit more of the illustrations/title. I've also redone some of the sea labels.
    Western Torfani.jpg

Some corrections on the bird and a bit more of the frame... I also put more space in the title.
    Western Torfani.jpg
    I guess I'll go for something more simple for the rest of the frame. And maybe more "oceanic" for theme.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Looks great Ilanthar. I can't help thinking that another font choice, maybe a slight bolder one or a bit less fancy one would improve the labels (especially the town/city ones) though.

Really enjoyed this coming together, maybe the river labels don't have a cap letter, all lowercase. The Title looks a little thin, but other elements in the title panel might help this. I'm also not crazy about the font, but I think you can work with it. You've done a great job with this, I'll be repping it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast