Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: July 2016 Challenge : The Desert Hound

It is a very beautiful map - all those painstakingly drawn details. I can understand why your wrist is screaming!

I have looked at it several times now, and keep thinking to myself about the amount of dust there must be in the air. Do you think your already superb distance effect might be further enhanced by a very faint and very thin horizon strip of paler grey or pinkish-grey - blended almost entirely away quite quickly up into the atmosphere?

Sorry for pushing you. But wow, that looks so much better.
    Both your linework and your dedication is incredible.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

@ Ladiestorm : Thanks for your comment and sorry for not responding sooner, I kind of skipped it. I went back to add the details you speak of but, I dunno how, I merged all my relief layers, hopefully, I didn't destroy anything but I don't know which opacities I used for the different back mountains so, I guess I'll leave them as they are. I'll keep this in mind for the next map.

@ Abu : Thanks for the compliments man ! I tried different opacities for the many shadow layers but I prefer the way it pops out at full opacity. I like the way it almost seems crushed by the sun.

@ Diamond : Thanks, I think every map should have a rhino in it. This one is quite peculiar, it's the quantum rhino of the Ngorongoro. He'll be back.

@ Mouse : Thanks for the comment and the counsel. I did it and went full orange for the dust. It brightens the horizon and gives an sunnier feeling. Thanks !

@ Josiah : Don't be sorry, it was worth it and I learned that I'll never, ever, ever do it like I did it ... but I'll redo it in a more clever way.

I think I've reached the end of the road.

I'm glad and proud to have finished this one. Done, framed and labeled. Here it is, feel free to tell me what you think.

### Latest WIP ###
    july 2016 - final.jpg

In the words of my favourite Sci-fi hero... Outstanding! But I mean it in a good way!

Added missing words

### Latest WIP ###
    july 2016 - final.jpg

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Excellent !!!
    I love the story that goes on with the labels ! Nice idea !
    And you've done an excellent job with the desert theme : you can litterally feel the heat of the sun !!!

I liked to fellow your work too, it's full of things to learn for me !

Thanks !!!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I do believe this map is getting one of my votes. The shading and linework on the mountains/ridges/plateaus is top-notch, and the story you've created is a fantastic RPG seed. Love it!

This is gorgeous and all the better for its unusual perspective. Great job all round.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Just fantastic... Another fabulous map in this challenge!

Thanks everyone !

@ Chickpea : I've set my mind to doing some other maps with this kind of perspective, I think it could make great RPG starters. This map is intended as one such starter.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567