Thread: Frodo World Map and Lore

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Map Frodo World Map and Lore

Hello Guild,

After 500-plus hours of obsessive work and rechecking calculations, I've finally finished the project I started on January 1st of this year. It's a world called Frodo, and I've focused on absolute scientific plausibility, guessing on NOTHING. Read the text, immerse yourself in the visuals; you may actually feel as if you were standing on Frodo's surface.

First Half.pngSecond Half.png

Peter

I came here from Reddit just to read your lore and admire the pages in high Res. Absolutely fantastic work!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Very, very cool. I wouldn't want to live there, but it was a fascinating read!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Toth View Post
    Hello Guild,

After 500-plus hours of obsessive work and rechecking calculations, I've finally finished the project I started on January 1st of this year. It's a world called Frodo, and I've focused on absolute scientific plausibility, guessing on NOTHING. Read the text, immerse yourself in the visuals; you may actually feel as if you were standing on Frodo's surface.

First Half.pngSecond Half.png

Peter
    Very cool , nicely made and realistic .

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Thank you Nautilus, Diamond, and Naima for the kind words!

No, Diamond, I don't think I'd want to live on Frodo either given the gravity gradient and frequent cyclones. If, however, I was lacking any alternative options, I'd choose to live somewhere on the east coast, the happy medium between the hot, steamy rainforests to the south, and the frozen tundra higher north.

By the way, thank you Naima, for the technical advice early on in the initial phases of this project, when you advised me about the meteorology and circulation regime of this conworld. Just to let you know this guidance was a pleasure and an asset to receive.

I also want to thank Jo, who commented, on February the 7th of this year:

"You two have completely lost me!
    I'm unable to follow your scientific reasoning, which I find fascinating!
    All I can say is that the story you're writing sounds very promising!
    In any case, the basic idea, with the crucial role played by the environment, is really interesting!"

I normally make the habit of thanking everyone who provided any form of feedback, but somehow I forgot to mention you. I apologize for this and I want to let you know how much I appreciated this comment. Sheer pleasure is what motivates me to draw my maps, but receiving critiques and praise is also very much valued, for it lets me know whether the map has "hit the mark" or not.

I also wanted to thank the Guild in general for providing an outlet to express myself in this unique artistic form.

For my next project, by the way, after brushing up on some topo practice, I want to create my "dream paradise world," which would have all the necessary physical parameters to allow comfortable human life on at least 90% of its surface.

Peter