I'll have to check this out over the weekend. I dabble with Wilbur so I don't know the true power but I know enough (thanks to you) to get by.
http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/Fu...ol6/index.html has a baby tutorial that shows how to make quick islands with Wilbur. The examples in the attachment were each created in well under 15 seconds each.
There is another use for this basic process which will become apparent in Volume 7 (I still need a bit more coding to make that particular process a little more tractable).
I'll have to check this out over the weekend. I dabble with Wilbur so I don't know the true power but I know enough (thanks to you) to get by.
If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
-J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)
My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps
This is good stuff. Frankly, I'm more interested in the expression analysis than the technique itself. The old quickstart guide for 1.26 has a bunch of stuff like creating spiral galaxy forms in Wilbur that only partly translate to the current version. A little more information on how to work with math functions in Height Field Computation is always welcome. Very welcome.
Astrographer - My blog.
Klarr
-How to Fit a Map to a Globe
-Regina, Jewel of the Spinward Main(uvmapping to apply icosahedral projection worldmaps to 3d globes)
-Building a Ridge Heightmap in PS
-Faking Morphological Dilate and Contract with PS
-Editing Noise Into Terrain the Burpwallow Way
-Wilbur is Waldronate's. I'm just a fan.
Great to see some new stuff with Wilbur. Good fun
Don't forget to rate the thread, folks!
Astrographer - My blog.
Klarr
-How to Fit a Map to a Globe
-Regina, Jewel of the Spinward Main(uvmapping to apply icosahedral projection worldmaps to 3d globes)
-Building a Ridge Heightmap in PS
-Faking Morphological Dilate and Contract with PS
-Editing Noise Into Terrain the Burpwallow Way
-Wilbur is Waldronate's. I'm just a fan.
Oh nice, i myself use wilburn alot.
Since I've started using it, I've become a huge fan of Wilbur. There are still several features I haven't quite figured out yet, but there are some that I'm absolutely (figuratively speaking) in love with.
GW
GW
One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.
Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
Current Main Challenge WIP : None
Completed Maps : Various Challenges
GW
One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.
Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
Current Main Challenge WIP : None
Completed Maps : Various Challenges
Drat! I have a note attached to my computer reminding me to update the documentation but the eternal struggle between new code or old documentation is heavily weighted to one side.