Thread: Another noob just saying hi!

Default Another noob just saying hi!

Hi,

I just wanted to say hi and get myself on the forums. I have only recently discovered the site through some google browsing and I'm so glad I found it! It's funny because I suppose I have always had a love for maps which I hadn't really picked up on until I found this site and preceeded to spend the next couple of weeks taking in as much map goodness as I could and then noticed that I actually own a lot of maps, on things like a few notepads I have, a cool chest covered in one, a mug, a pen, in fact quite a few things I use regularly I suddenly noticed where all mappy! So now that I have come to this realisation (which I feel a bit daft for not noticing before) I guess I better do one myself.

So now I just want to say thanks to all the people who post here, I have been drooling over the amazing artwork and ideas, I'm now totally inspired to get drawing one of my own. You cartographers seem to be a friendly and helpful bunch (which is great for novices like myself) so hopefully soon I will post my own work to get critiqued, I'll post a WIP at some point, but I want get the linework down first so I know where I roughly stand with the design and then see where it goes from there.

Thanks again for such a great site and wonderful introduction into the world of cartography.

Welcome to the guild! Glad you've joined us.
    Looking forward to seeing your maps!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Hey Sidetracked

Sounds like you were born a cartographer

Dive right in and enjoy

Hi Sidetracked, welcome to the guild.

They're all a brilliant bunch of folks (I'm very much a noob myself). Whatever your medium there's loads of help here!

Get mapping!

T

Default Another graybearded elder just saying "welcome!" :-)

Glad you joined us - dive in and show us work in progress for tips, opinions, and help.

Oh, and "...drawing one of my own..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa ha ha hrumph

Ah, my young padawan, there is no such thing as "drawing one map".

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post

Ah, my young padawan, there is no such thing as "drawing one map".

:-)
    Ha, that's very true! I've got seven on the go... gods, I need to give up work!
    "Mind is Emergent of Matter"

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetracked View Post
    Hi,

I just wanted to say hi and get myself on the forums. I have only recently discovered the site through some google browsing and I'm so glad I found it! It's funny because I suppose I have always had a love for maps which I hadn't really picked up on until I found this site and preceeded to spend the next couple of weeks taking in as much map goodness as I could and then noticed that I actually own a lot of maps, on things like a few notepads I have, a cool chest covered in one, a mug, a pen, in fact quite a few things I use regularly I suddenly noticed where all mappy! So now that I have come to this realisation (which I feel a bit daft for not noticing before) I guess I better do one myself.

So now I just want to say thanks to all the people who post here, I have been drooling over the amazing artwork and ideas, I'm now totally inspired to get drawing one of my own. You cartographers seem to be a friendly and helpful bunch (which is great for novices like myself) so hopefully soon I will post my own work to get critiqued, I'll post a WIP at some point, but I want get the linework down first so I know where I roughly stand with the design and then see where it goes from there.

Thanks again for such a great site and wonderful introduction into the world of cartography.
    I'm with you, as well. It's intriguing to see what others create and even better to be handed a tip on improving your own cartography skills.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create.