Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: October 2017 Challenge: Against the Peacock Throne

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default October 2017 Challenge: Against the Peacock Throne

Jindapur... also known as the Peacock Empire. A land whose immense natural beauty also hides immense evil, for revolution has toppled the throne, and a cabal of rakhshasa magi has taken control of the realm. Led by Shahzor the Black, the Cabal is busily hunting down the last three heirs to the throne, so that their rule will remain uncontested. But hope remains: a rebellion has formed, led by the Rajah's former high general, Gujamar Singh. Prophecy has foretold that this day would come - the sorcerer hermit Ubah has come down from his mountain with word that five legendary gems must be gathered together. What these gems may do when united is unknown at present, though Ubah is searching through every tome and scroll at his disposal for the answer. It is known, according to prophecy, that "when five become one, evil be undone".

In the meantime, general Singh has tasked a band of adventurers with the job of tracking down the gems. Thrown together by circumstance, some unwilling to be there but for the hope of rich reward, the band will journey throughout the Empire and the surrounding lands, searching remote mountain fortress-cities, temples lost in steaming jungle, and visiting ports occupied by the Cabal's armies, where danger is ever present. Will they triumph? Uncertain. Will the quest be epic? Assuredly. But time is running out - Shahzor and his magi are working according to their own competing prophecy, and something truly horrific is being created deep beneath the glittering royal palace...

(Note: this is a campaign setting I'm working on; should I ever be fortunate enough to DM a game again - it's been years - this is one I'd like to run.)

"Make it, and they will come"

Looking forward to this one, D

This is all I had time for today, but it's a start!! (Gray is water.)

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images

It never ceases to amaze me that you come up with such brilliant coastlines every time!

That has such a wonderfully intriguing title and the setting sounds awesome. I hope you get to run it. Map looks great so far!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Great start ! So... Mountains, see, jungle... that should be a diversified map ! I'm looking forward to see what comes next !

(and it’s a very good start for a campaign ! I hope you'll have time to play it... I know I would !)

Obviously I went in a different direction with the geography; this works better for the quest I have planned! The big open areas on the top and bottom are going to be for text and pictures...

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Damn good start - it looks ready to play already Nice font for the nation labels and fancy in gold
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Do you have a machine to churn out those mountain ranges?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

You work with amazing speed and quality ! This map is already gorgeous !

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast