Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Master Li and the Road to the Wandering Gun Saloon

Default Master Li and the Road to the Wandering Gun Saloon

Hey la! Hey la! Gather round children and listen! I tell the tale of Master Li and his quest to find the Wandering Gun Saloon!

Won't be logging on with the laptop everyday, so it'll be a few days before I put up an actual image, but this is a start. The idea is a quest in a chopsocky western setting - think Stephen King's Midworld (Gunslinger books) mashed up with the world of wuxia films and stories.

My words so far:
    Gun
    Road
    Tavern (saloon)
    Wandering
    Master

I hope to/will try to work in:
    Dragon
    Sword
    Star
    Cave
    Hidden
    Dark
    Legendary
    Empire
    Temple
    House
    Port
    Gold
    Silver
    Fortress

Oh, and I was thinking earlier today that this particular challenge in kind of convenient in that it ends right as NaNoWriMo starts.

I've been meaning to give NaNoWriMo a go for a while, but never seem to be ready. I think this makes a good set up for/segue into it...

Great start, Diastallia

I think one of my other friends will possibly be joining you at NaNoWriMo this year, though I'm not sure yet. I'd never heard of it before last week.

Well, most of those words would work well in martial arts special technique names, so you might mark the place where Master Li picks up the Silver Dragon Sword technique. "Legendary Peacock" would be a great name for a move using a war fan. Just a thought.

Anybody who wants to be NaNoWriMo buddies, let me know (via private message, or start a new thread, I don't intend to hi-jack this one). I'm used to pretty much flying solo, but it would be nice to actually have a group going in together.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you're going to be ambitious with the words Daistallia - looking forward to following this

rdanhenry: I'm concidering NaNoWriMo again this year (failed last year - which was my first) but November is an extremely busy month, so if I don't manage to get the outlining done this month I won't start it.. that said.. if I start I'd love to "write along"
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Well, as soon as I saw the word "Gunslinger" you had me. I LOVE my westerns, so looking forwards to this!

As for NaNoWriMo, I remember a few friends doing it some years back and seeming to enjoy it. Sounds like a challenge and a good way to clear your mind and get the juicy ideas flowing!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I like this idea, Daistallia. I love genre mashups, so this should be cool.

...and as soon as NaNoWriMo was mentioned, I was like, "Yeah, my map/idea might be the basis for a book too!" So I might be on board next month.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just signed on for NaNoWriMo - so if you're joining Diamond - then look me up
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Hmm, this sounds like one to watch.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast