Thread: Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Caves of Chaos (section 9)

Map Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Caves of Chaos (section 9)

Well, I feel like the results are terrible compared to the other entries, but I'm posting it anyway. I procrastinated badly on this, which is why I didn't share any WIP posts of this, sorry guys. If I enter another challenge I'm going to try really hard to start earlier and share WIP posts as the map comes along. Here's what I came up with for Section 9:

### Latest WIP ###
    CartographersGuildLite.jpg

I actually don't see anything wrong with this, Axebane! It looks to me like a hand drawn map, maybe from one of the players going through the caves. I actually like the fact that it looks two dimensional, it's different from the rest, and that makes it stand out. I also like the color choices, and yours looks a lot less busier than mine! Well done!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Guild Artisan

Absolutely awesome! Don't get down on yourself. I think it came out great. Good Color, nice feel, everything blends together nicely. Those are the most important parts. And as one who now knows section 9 all too well, I think you did great.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sometimes one procrastinates, and you still managed to get a full map done - so please pad yourself on the shoulder for that. As ladiestorm mentions you've made an nice hand drawn map and good coloring
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I don't think the results are terrible!

I think your map has a lovely charm and style all of its own, and that you shouldn't be despondent with it at all. I would be quite pleased if I'd drawn it

Thank you all for the encouragement! I suppose it's not that bad of a map, and at least I did manage to finish it. I'm glad I went ahead and posted it.

Guild Novice northerncartography's Avatar

I echo the sentiment of others in that I think your style - and this map - are not terrible as you think! I prefer (maybe because I'm biased) maps that have the "hand-drawn" aesthetic to them.
    “A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams.”
    - Gilbert H. Grosvenor

Support me here, if you'd like: https://www.patreon.com/northerncartography

Definitely looks great! Good luck in the challenge!

Welcome to the Challenge Axebane! Thanks for posting a very nice map, even if it was at the last minute.

This is not terrible. In fact, the only suggestion I'd have is to give it a bit of blur to soften the edges just a bit. At full resolution, it is just a bit more jagged than I would like.